well my master hub is official DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well my master hub is official DEAD

I tried several comm port on my server and a comm port my laptop and...NOTHING!

I have sent an email to Hobby Boards regarding what to do now
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Michael,
    i got a new hub back with new IDs on the hub ports.

the 1wire app seems to be having trouble making the conversion; getting a lot of these errors like the following. when this happens. my 1wire browser screen goes blank. only the column headings show--nothing else

selecthubbranch 6900000004be271f for e100000004c2f71f 0 - line 220 object required

i can rollback to a working mcs1wire.ini file, but the problem returns

using V2.2.0.16 of net.xap, 2.4.10 1wire app

any suggestions.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I do not think I considered a wholesale replacement of the hub so it still expects the old hub to still be present. You should be able to delete the old hub switches so the sensor to hub relationship is removed. It may be just as easy to start with a new .ini file.

If I was going to manually edit to retain current settings I would follow the following process.
      1. Start with a new .ini file and let the startup or poll for new devices associate switches with sensors.
      2. Global replace in the original ini file the 16 character serial numbers of the old hub switches with the new ones using the data collected in step 1 to identify which switch replaces with switch
      3. Restore the updated .ini file and startup up with a prayer.

Comment

i think the problem was in the [devices_port] section. still had some temp devices mapped to the old hub ports. I followed your instruction #1 to rebuild that section.

I'll see how that goes. thanks
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Michael,
          just wanted to close the loop on this. got it working based on the previous change i suggested above

all is well in my 1-wire world, no freezes, no lock up. everything is doing fine
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Nice to hear. We usually only hear about things that do not work quite right.

Comment

Working...
            X