Wattnode and a 1-wire interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wattnode and a 1-wire interface

Michael I saw in another thred that you were using Wattnode I was wondering if you could explain the hook up to the 1 wire network.

Does Wattnode speak 1-wire or is there an interface needed between Wattnode and the 1-wire network?

Also what software are you using for monitoring Wattage?

I have been wanting to monitor my pwr usage and this may be the device that does it.

Thanks in advance.
    Paul
    HS4 Environment
    Proxmox win11 / HS4
    Netiom-Xap board
    Plug-In's
    rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
    mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
    mcsXap V3.0.0.72
    Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
    Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

The wattnode produces pulses at a frequency proportional to the wattage rate. I use a DS2423 counter from hobby-boards.com as the interface. There is also a resistor needed as a pullup into the counter. xapmcs1wire, xapmcsDatabase and xapmcsChart are the xAP nodes that I use to collect, store and display watt usage. I updated xapmcsChart when I added the Wattnode to my system by adding two new ranges (6 minutes, 1 Hour) so I could observe power use with resolution down in the seconds range. Any 1-wire interface such as Temp08, mcsTemperature etc can process the DS2423, but the data collection rate will usually be lower for these so not as useful for observing sub-minute time periods of power use.

When the wattnode is ordered it can be built to provide pretty much any reasonable range of count frequencies. I chose mine so it would not exceed the capability of the DS2423 and still give me fine resolution. I think I based it on 50 Hz for the capacity of the CT

Comment

Working...
    X