feature requests for the 1wire app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feature requests for the 1wire app

1. Add a filter feature to allow the user to filter on the HUB field or the Type field; the filters could be mutually exclusive. Maybe a couple of dropdowns below the Save Setup Options btn.

2. Move the Refresh btn up next to the Save btn. seems out of the way all the way to the right with that blank column under it.

3. Add a Show Accepted Only messages like you have in the mcsxap plugin

thanks for the consideration on these
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Michael,

any thoughts
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm receptive to this type of change. I have been and will continue to be away from home most of the time so I have limited opportunity right now. For 1-wire, in particular, I do not have then environment setup on the laptop to make the changes when I'm away from home.

Comment

Give the attached a try to see if the filtering works. This is untested beyond the user layout, but it has a reasonably good chance to work. Definately save your mcsXap1wire.ini as that is what could be changed if the filtering does not protect the data in the .ini file that has been filtered for display. The filtering on hub branch is particularly of interest as that is a second level of logic. The especially tricky part is the Save operation when some form of filtering is used so be certain to try that.
        Last edited by Michael McSharry; April 12, 2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

michael, the filter seems to be working with two issues

1. the values in the HUB column disappeared
          2. i wanted to be able to filter on a value in the HUB column as well; ex
          filter on "HUB 0079"

thanks
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The dropdown is suppose to have the hub branches listed but with prefix Branch rather than HUB as you showed. Do you mean the hub column is missingor that no data exists in the column? I'm trying this without a test environment, so it looks to be a good start Are your sensors still being read via the hub and the problem only a display or is it a total lack of hub recognition?.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              The dropdown is suppose to have the hub branches listed but with prefix Branch rather than HUB as you showed. Do you mean the hub column is missingor that no data exists in the column? I'm trying this without a test environment, so it looks to be a good start Are your sensors still being read via the hub and the problem only a display or is it a total lack of hub recognition?.
              I did not see "Branch {anything}" listed in the filter list. I would be interested is seeing the branch Name (ie HUB name) listed as a filter

the HUB column exists but is missing data. i think the sensors are still being read.

i also noticed that my temp sensor poll settings were reset to 0 after I set filter and did a 'save settings'

i reverted back to v2.8.x for now.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think I took care of the poll time being lost and the branch not showing. See if there are any other unexpected behaviors. Dont expect any.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  I think I took care of the poll time being lost and the branch not showing. See if there are any other unexpected behaviors. Dont expect any.
                  Michael,
                  i like this, the filter just filters, but doesn't do a save. correct?

can you put a Filter button instead of auto filtering on selection? When i use my wheel mouse, the filter selection can change if i scroll up too far which causes the screen to misbehavior.

also, in general, i am not interested in filtering on 1-wire serial numbers, could you maybe put in an ini option to disable including these values in the filter list.

looking good. thanks

the initial post was based on an IE6 browser. using IE7, the page seems more stable, maybe the Filter btn is not necessary
                  Last edited by mnsandler; April 15, 2009, 07:32 PM. Reason: tried on IE7 vs IE6
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

some additional feedback on the latest

i think the poll rate values are backwards see the image below. i see this if i show multiple serial nums as well. The poll rate is not saving consistently.
                    Attached Files
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

One poll rate is saved per serial number. I suspect the sorted display order will determine if it shows on switch or temperature. Can you provide some more information to identify the situation where the poll rate is not saving consistently?

Comment

Working...
                      X