Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsxAP device list "shift" when one deleted

Dear Michael,

I use mscxAP and barionet actively with my HS2. OS is XPpro SP3. newly installed 2 weeks ago on new Dell laptop. system is very stable.

However one small (can be big) glitch. Whenever I delete a device in the mcsxap setup , it renumbers the devices below.

Before: I have temperature sensors 601 devicenumber T1 (MainBath BathInlet), 602 devicenumber T2 (MainBath ShowerInlet), 603 devicenumber T3 (Pool HeatAccumilator).
    My Action: Then I clicked the "D" colom on the left and unclicked the "A" colom for device 602 - T2 to delete this device. i pressed <save changes>
    After: Devices 602 AND 603 were deleted, together with detail for T2, but the detail for T3 remained - but now assigned to T4. And detail for T4 now assigned to T5 and so on for all devices below. ie some "device shift" between the xAP device and the Homeseer devicenumber.

My first reaction was NOT to press SAVE, and I rebooted without saving anything. But the "device swift" remains. see attached

Am I doing something wrong ?
    Attached Files

The process I would suggest is to first disassociate a xAP device from HS. You do this by clearing out the device code and name and doing a save. If you no longer want the device to show up in the xAP list then you can use the D to delete it. Various relationships need to be maintained and when too many are changed at the same time then it becomes hard for the software to know where truth is.

Comment

I followed these steps and it works fine to link and unlink the homeseer device to the xap device. However, as soon i reject a xap device (after properly unlinking it from the homeseer device and saving) the addin shifts the rest of the xap devices relative to the homeseer devices (only the ones on the list below the one rejected).

i'm on version 2.2.1.6 HSPI_MCSXAP.dll on XPro SP3

on another pc system (older) i am running version 1.6.0.1 (HSPI_MCSXAPSHELL.dll) and here it does not occur - also on XPpro SP3

both pc's on the same network receiving the same xap messages

Comment

I tried to replicate your problem and did not have any issues with the .NET version of the plugin. I did both the R and D columns and did both with all devices and only accepted devices showing. Perhaps if you zip up your \Config\mcsXap.ini and \Data\mcsXap.mdb I may be able to see something different.

Comment

I had this problem when upgrading mcsXAP last night, it took hours to diagnose, and turned into one of those stories that makes people think we're mad!

The symptoms were that when we walked upstairs, the bathroom light was always on, and the landing light didn't turn on automatically. Seems that HS was now switching on the bathroom light instead of the landing light. Then whenever my partner turned on her phone, the wall unit lights came on. Nothing would switch them off again, but when she turned her phone off, they went off!

Now wondering if I dare move to the .NET version ...

Comment

Working...
          X