Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use HS event trigger "device value" with Xap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use HS event trigger "device value" with Xap ?

My mcsXap environment is working well and stable now for a couple of weeks. It's time to use the Temp or Humidity or Solar info to trigger events in HS.

Can I simply use the HS event trigger for device value to kick off events ?
    LIke if the device in HS device temp is greater than 98.5 then turn on fan.
    If so, what format does the value take ? In the HSM100 it must be without decimal point -- ie(98.5=985. 60=600 )
    Also, can I use normal conditions like time of day, etc ?
    On the HS device - do I need to check digital input vs analog input ?

Or do I need to use a an Xap event trigger, or Xap message trigger ?

An example would be really helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance from an Xap newbie

The easiest is to use the HS device. I do not believe I implemented the "Condition" interface of the HS SDK so HS will not be able to ask mcsXap if an mcsXap devices satisfies a specific condition. I also never setup a condition within an HS event so I really do not have experience on the limitations or capabilities.

There is no standard for use of the DeviceValue so what you need when using that will be on a case-by-case basis. mcsXap does not scale data, but the other xAP applications that produce the data may. Data recevied in the Text= or Level= keys of an xAP message will be mapped into the HS DeviceValue. xapmcs1Wire sends it numbers scaled by 100 in the Text= field.

mcsTemperture extracts the numeric portion of the DeviceString to do its event parameter comparisions. If you were to setup a TemperatureTrigger or TemperatureAction with mcsTemperature using a device populated by mcsXap then what you see in the DeviceString on the HS Device/Status page is what will be used for the event parameters and you would not need to be concerned about how the DeviceValue is encoded.

mcsTemperature also provides an interface where the numeric portion of DeviceStirngs can be obtained for other uses. I think other plugins such as SuperTrigger has improved capability over what is built into HS.

I also do not understand the significance that HS places on digital input vs. analog input. I suspect that set this property based upon a device being a relay/switch vs. any other device type. I do not think it make a difference with anything, but I do not know.

Comment

1Wire Temp Device Value - Always rounded ?

Michael
      As I have been playing with device value triggers based on temp in HS, I noticed that HS always has the device value in "additional information" as a rounded two digit number (ie 79 or 80). The rounding scheme says anything from -xx.6 to +xx.5 rounds to the whole number ( 79.6 to 80.5 = 80 ). The string value in HS also shows a decimal ( icon 79.6'F )

xAP data in 1wire displays a number with a single decimal place ( ie icon 79.4'F or icon 80.5'F).
      The comm screen in 1wire shows 79.6321, but the hub activity only shows a text=79.6

I have checked the "show significant digits " box - no effect in HS.

Is the xAP message only passing a string value with HS converting it to a numeric value ? If so, can mcs1wire and mcsxAP pass the actual numeric value ?

Hope this isn't too confusing - but I would like to trigger events on a little "finer" measurement.

Thanks
      Bruce

Comment

xapmcs1wire provides a setup section that allows the user to defined the number of significant digits for each device type. The checkbox you selected should show/hide a setup section on the xapmcs1wire browser. The default for temperature is 1 decimal. The 1-wire temperature sensors will support resolution of 0.5 or 0.125 depending upon the sensor type. The most common DS18S20 does 0.5 degrees C. The DS18B20 does 0.125.

xapmcs1Wire delivers the temperature reading in the Text= and the DisplayText= fields of the message. The Text= is mapped into the Homeseer DeviceValue. HS only supports integer values in its DeviceValue property. The DeviceString is free format and is not suppoted natively by HS for triggering.

mcsTemperature contains trigger logic that uses the DeviceString so it is able to trigger based upon whatever resolution is contained within the DeviceString. There are other plugins such as SuperTrigger that will be able to do it as well.

Comment

Working...
        X