mscXAP 460 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mscXAP 460 error

I have installed mscXAP to support the xapmcsWebControl.

I have the WebControl board at the front door where it detects a knock at the door via sound impact sensor then it turns on the peephole camera and monitor for 1 minute to view who is at the door. A Homeseer event is triggered by the knock that then runs a script to turn on the camera and monitor. There is also a button for turning on the monitor/camera at the door when there is no knock event.

Everything seems to operate fine but I get this error in the hs log every 5 minutes for each of my 6 devices. (knock, monitor, camera, temp, humidity, button)

1/18/2010 9:25:04 AM mcsXap HSEvent Line 460 Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

I am new to XAP so its quite possible that I have configured something wrong.

Any ideas?

This line is associated with reporting a change in a DeviceString. I do not see how an overflow can occur on the line, but there is a debug output immediately before the line. If you enable the debug checkbox then we can see the DeviceString that contains the offending data.

There have been many that have complained that the xAP setup is too difficult. Since you are new to it, do you have any suggestions to improve the documentation to make it easier to future users?

Comment

Fixed

Well the debug showed the real source of the error. (not mcsXAP)

It seems there is some issue with Jon00VDGraphing.vben script but it was reported as mcsXAP in the log. What's wierd is that the log had 6 errors that matched the number of XAP devices. There were 8 graphs that Jon's script was to update.

When the mcsXAP debug was turned on the log filled up with graphs.

I disabled the event running Jon's script and there are no errors now.
      I was wondering why these errors only showed up every 5 minutes, that was how often the script was running.

Installing mcsXAP was not that difficult there are just a lot of moving parts between the Router, mcxXAP and the webcontrol. Your documentation got me though it and did a great job of explaining the processes. However, what is a BSC? I did not see it defined.

Comment

What I believe is happening is the graph is comprised of a very long string and this length was greater than could be processed without some memory limit being exceeded. the UDP packet is limited to 1024 bytes and there may be other things that could be reaching a limit. I will do two things. One is to place a reasonable limit and the second is check for a need for a xAP message earlier before the message parameters are passed. Currently I collect the parameters passed by HS and then call a common function to send the xAP message if the user has setup for this device to be communicated via xAP message.

BSC is Basic Status and Control which is one of the standard xAP Schema. BSC is a relatively universal contol and status model for Automation applications. Creston and AMX both have the equivalent. Homeseer uses DeviceStatus/Value for the equivalent. xAP BSC contains an optional element [DisplayText] that becomes the equivalent of the Homeseer DeviceString.

Update posted V2.3.1.6
        Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 18, 2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X