Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need xAP Project Ideas Please

Thanks MCS for your xAP plugin.
    I have the local Speedfan talking but I was curious what other things people are finding useful running xAP. I have PCs around the house so I have some distributed computers that could be doing more.

I like how Speedfan has xAP built in - any other software out there using xAP you are aware of?

I have a few extra days off next week so I'll have time to tinker.

Thanks all - Bill

~Bill

WeatherDisplay uses it. There are a few hardware devices such as netiom and opnode that use it. xapAutomation.org should be a good starting point for applications that are generally developed in the UK. I'm not real current of what has developed so the web search is a good choice. There is also a Yahoo group for xAP where most of the current discussions are conducted.

Note you also keep your eyes open for xPL as this is a variant of xAP for which bridges (such as mcsXap hub) exist for some of the schema that are mappable. Everything I published is in the xAP Library on this board. They may not always be the most current so if there is something you are trying to use you may want to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Note you also keep your eyes open for xPL as this is a variant of xAP for which bridges (such as mcsXap hub) exist for some of the schema that are mappable. .
      and if you can't find a bridge for certain schema, i have a scripting engine that you can use to make your own bridge bridge between xAP and xPL. http://goo.gl/ptLqF

Comment

I communicate with my Zoneminder via Xap receiving and sending commands to it.

I'm testing some "other" 1-wire devices and I keep these off HS server connected to other boxes.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete - I read your other post - ZM is actually what finally shoved me into getting xAP going. I need to find better documentation because I loaded up ZM on a spare box and I glazed over - I'm not Linux strong yet.

~Bill

Comment

Michael's Xap plugins and multiple Temp0X and 9097's was what got me into using Xap with Homeseer. Today I run one MCSXAP 1-Wire application with two 9097's on two different com ports. Works well. One Temp05 on the MCSXAP Temp0X application and one Temp08 on the MCSTemperature application. A third Temp08 on another computer with MCSXAP Temp0X sending XAP data over to the HS server.

Most of the ZM installs come with Webminder built in. If you go to the Webminder pages you'll see the SSH enable icon. If you enable it then use WinSCP you'll be able to edit and copy files over to the ZM box pretty painless like. I just followed the instructions as posted on ZM and WinSCP makes the endeavor very Wintel like. And its easier to use than Vi. What I like about the ZM box running Linux is that I cannot break it no matter what I do to it. Same with the Firewall running Linux. I've broken the HS W2003 box a few times especially in the early days of HS. Both basically are managed by WebGUI's; you can even shut off the desktop as you don't really need it.

Here is the Zoneminder XAP wiki:

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Zmxap

Imagine a small device (with linux / network access) just sitting on your network doing Xap as damage has mentioned. Makes the use of Xap much more robust.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X