X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcontrol not recognized

Moved to this forum

Hi Michael,

I upgraded my BRE-webcontrol to a PLC-WebControl but the plugin does not recognize the Webcontrol with the latest release of your software.
    ( http://mcssprinklers.com/xapmcsWebControl.zip on 5 jul 2011) HSPI_MCSXAP.dll 2.3.1.9
    Sorry. I was trying for some days to get it work. But I did not succeed.
    The devices in Homeseer are not updated.
    Attached some pictures. In the first picture there is only the old BRE-webcontrol. Not the PLC-version.

Any help is appreciated. THANKs Wiel
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wiel; July 9, 2011, 02:54 PM.

No pictures. Was a new IP or new .ini file used?

Comment

No update from Homeseer devices

Hallo Michael, Thanks for help.

I give the PLC-webcontrol a new IP-adres (192.168.178.46)
      Started with a fresh xapmcsWebControl.ini (deleted the old one)
      But the devices in Homeseer still are not updated.
      The webcontrol status page is not updated. There is a red LED.
      It does not recognize the PLC-webcontrol (But still it thinks that it is a BRE).
      There is no BRE-webcontrol in the network (My BRE is upgraded to PLC).

Do you have any suggestion, Thanks.

Wiel
      Attached Files

Comment

Little bit further

Your and mine mail crossed, Sorry.
        Both: I changed the IP from the PLC-webcontrol and deleted the .ini file. And rebooted the PC.

Hi Michael,

Playing with the http://localhost:90/xAP and the http://localhost:8024/stat suddenly the RED LED changed into a green one. So, it recognizes the PLC-webcontrol. That's a great step ! ;-)
        But now only the humidity is in Homeseer.

The other parameters (e.g. temperatures, switch, etc) are NOT updated in Homeseer.
        Any suggestions? Can I send logfiles ?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Wiel; July 9, 2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

The command to get the WebControl status is

http://192.168.178.46/api/status.xml

You can use a browser to issue it. Post what is returned.

If you are using xapmcsWebControl why did you change from BRE to PLC?

Comment

Output from Webcontrol

Hello Michael, THANKS.

There was a hardware (DOA) problem with the humidity. So I had to send back the BRE-Webcontrol to CAI Networks. I got the webcontrol back with the new PLC-firmware. In the beginning I was glad........

This is the output from http://192.168.178.46/api/status.xml : (SEE attachment)

Thanks for help,
            Wiel
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Wiel; July 13, 2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

I uploaded 1.0.2.2 with a correction to the processing of the temperature sensors. With the PLC you need to use their browser software to associate a sensor with a channel, but I think you already did that. I also looked at the discrete input processing by putting a jumper on DI 8 and was able to see it toggle. Anything you want HS to see you need to "A"ccept on the webcontrol page and then Accept on the mcsXap page.

Comment

PLC-Webcontrol works in HS

Hi Michael,

It seems to work.
                Both temperatures (after upgrade to 1.0.2.2)
                Humidity, analog- and digitalinput and switch.

It seems that it all works.

Very appreciated.
                Regards, Wiel
                Last edited by Wiel; July 13, 2011, 05:13 AM. Reason: not work

Comment

No updates in Homeseer

Hi Michael,
                  It seemed to work but there are problems. Sorry.

Only the Relay is working oke.
                  I can control the TTL logic output port-device in Homeseer. That works oke.

But there are no device-updates in Homeseer Voltage, digital IN/OUT, Relay-status, temperature and humidity.
                  The LED in the webcontrol-status is RED.

In XAP-hub there is an error-message when using the refresh-button on the webcontrol-page. (Sorry, its Dutch)

xap-header { v=13 hop=1 uid=FF.0025:00 class=Homeseer.Event
                  source=mcs.WebControl.Commandeur} Event.Log
                  { Time=13/07/2011 12:30:46 Type=xapmcsWebControl
                  Data=HTTPServerSend Binary Length=10657 C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\HTML\xapmcsWebControl\mcsSolutions.jpg Line 0 Er is geprobeerd een bewerking uit te voeren op een niet-bestaande netwerkverbinding Line 0 Er is geprobeerd een bewerking uit te voeren op een niet-bestaande netwerkverbinding}
                  "Control a non-existing network-connection Line 0"

When asking the http://192.168.178.46/api/status.xml the output is oke.
                  Voltage, digital IN/OUT, temperatures and humidity have a correct value.

So, it seems the webcontrol-page on the localhost-PC cannot ask data from the PLC-webcontrol.

Thanks for help, Wiel
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Wiel; July 13, 2011, 05:47 AM. Reason: text

Comment

Every second may be too fast. When you have the red led then you do not have good communication with the WebControl hardware. No updates can be expected. You should be using the xAP Message Viewer from xFx to observe xAP data including that going into HS. I would not worry about the HS side until you have the WebControl side working and updating locally.

The error message you showed is just that it could not deliver the mcsSolutions.jpg file to the browser. Not directly related to any issues you are having.

The other tool that is useful for ethernet communication tracking is wireshark. You can see all the traffic on a port or IP to understand how xapmcsWebControl is asking for data and what is being returned. I suspect, that slowing it down to perhaps 10 seconds will yield better results.

Comment

New Webcontrol

Michael,

Ordered a brand new PLC-webcontrol and new cables.
                      Connected them to HomeSeer.
                      Put the timer on 10000 mseconds.

I give the new PLC-webcontrol a new IP-adres (192.168.178.47)
                      But the devices in Homeseer still are not updated.
                      The webcontrol status page (http://localhost:8024/stat) is not updated. There is a red LED.
                      It does not recognize the PLC-webcontrol (It thinks its a BRE).
                      There is no BRE-webcontrol in the network. Only the new PLC-webcontrol is in the network.

When asking the http://192.168.178.47/api/status.xml the output is oke.

See attachments.

Something wrong with (IP or line) adresses?

Do you have any suggestion, Many thanks.

Wiel
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Wiel; July 20, 2011, 02:08 PM. Reason: attachments

Comment

The status.xml request is what is used to distinguish PLC vs. BRE. If it responds then it is PLC. The problem is with communication between the PC and the WebControl. I previously suggested using Wireshark to look at this communication. Firewalls are common problems when two devices on the LAN cannot communicate.

Comment

Analyse the webcontrol

Hi Michael,

When using the BRE-Webcontrol the plugin worked well.
                          All devices from the BRE-webcontrol came into Homeseer and were controllable.

Now using the new PLC-webcontrol. But this does not work.
                          Firewall Microsoft Security Essentials is OFF-line.

HSPI_MCSXAP.dll version 2.3.1.9, WIN7, Homeseer Pro

Deleted all the WebControl-devices in Homeseer.
                          Clean reinstall from XAP_HUB and xapmcsWebcontrol.

Installed Wireshark on a Dedicated PC.
                          A part of the Log is in the attachment.
                          192.168.178.79 is the Homeseer-PC. There are a few lines in the Wireshark-log.
                          I cannot find the Webcontrol (192.168.178.47) in the wireshark-logging.

http://192.168.178.47/api/status.xml works fine.
                          See status.txt attachment

Still the LED in xapmcswebcontrol is RED.
                          Only initial (once) the devices in xapmcswebcontrol are updated.
                          But after the first update the devices are not updated any more.

Do you have any suggestions?
                          Is it possible to analyse the problem better?

Thanks Wiel
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Wiel; July 24, 2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Don't even bother looking at HS if PLC device is not recognized. Wireshark needs to be installed on the computer who's NIC is being monitored. In this case it is the computer that is hosting xapmcsWebControl. You will want to setup a Wireshark filter for the IP that is the WebControl IP so only this data will be viewable. I think the syntax for filter is ip.addr == xx.xx.xx.xx where xx.xx.xx.xx is the WebControl IP. You first need to select the Interface in Capture menu of Wireshark.

Comment

Logging

Hi Michael, Thanks for help. (HSPI_MCSXAP.dll 2.3.1.9 )

I do not like to install dedicated software om my Homeseer-server but for you I made an exeption ;-)

So I Installed wireshark.

xapmcsWebControl does not need username and password in the webcontrol.
                              So in the PLC-Webcontrol I did not put a username and no password.

When in the Networksetup (from the PLC-Webcontrol) Web Login Enabled is OFF (disabled) then in xapwebcontrol (Web Control Status) the webcontrol-type is PLC.
                              But when the Web Login Enabled is ON (enabled) then in xapwebcontrol (Web Control Status) the webcontrol is BRE.

So my webcontrol now is PLC. But the LED is stil blinks in RED. I really do not know why.

It makes no difference (in the page General setup from the webcontrol) the Web polling is enabled or disabled.

In the attachment: In line 3 (number 34827) the Homeseer PC (192.168.178.79) asks the PLC-webcontrol (192.168.178.47) Get api/status.xml

I cannot find any disturbance in the logging.
                              The filter is:
                              ( ip.src==192.168.178.79 and ip.dst==192.168.178.47 ) or ( ip.src==192.168.178.47 and ip.dst==192.168.178.79 )

Sorry, the HS-board does not accept a .PCAP logfile from whireshark.

Regards, Wiel
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Wiel; July 28, 2011, 03:34 PM. Reason: "Web Login Enabled" status changed

Comment

Working...
                              X