mcsXap usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsXap usage

Hello and first of all, scuse me for my bad english.

I have installed mcsXap plugin but i have some problem making it working and i have not found instructions about it.

I have two pc running two Homeseer and i need to share some devices between these two Homeseer.
    How can i configure mcsXap to share the devices?

I find it easiest to load up XAP Viewer. Copy and paste over the device to the HS XAP Plugin device configuration giving it a variable name with each running Homeseer. Depending on how many XAP devices it could take a while or just a couple of minutes.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hello Pete and thank you for the reply.
      Can you please explain me better?

After installing the plugins, i have a new device-page created by Homeseer called 'xAp'. It is empty.
      I can add a virtual device into this page, and then?.... What do i have to do?

Scuse me, but i am really newbie with xap...

Comment

Here are some pictures.

Message viewer showing a "bunch" of XAP devices; then the focus to one XAP device which is where you get the XAP device address.

Source is the address.
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Then you go to the XAP plugin running on HS to assign a variable and code to the device looking for the same device in the list of XAP devices (it will be a long list if you have a lot running). I also depending on the device add them to the mcsTemperature database; which is a different configuration page. There you add the device name, type and what you want the DB record to look like. Thats pretty much all there is; so its two configuration pages. Once configured; then it'll stay that way until you add or change a variable.
          Attached Files
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I think i am beginning to understand somethink.

But how can i 'share' some Homeseer devices in xap network?
            I don't need to share all devices, but only some of these.

Do i have to 'add' these somewhere?

Comment

......where can i find xap viewer?

Comment

Once you find them in the XAP viewer (attached); then you look in the XAP web page for the address. Easier for me to you the "search" for text function built into the web browser. Once you find the device; then you click the checkbox acknowledging the device as a Homeseer variable; entering the "DC", "Location" and "Name". Once done it will populate your Homeseer devices and location. So you can go on the status page and see the XAP device. The second picture above shows the same devices populating the Database in MCSTemperature.

Its a bit time consuming but you only have to do it once per device.

http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=xFx_Viewer

I didn't attach the XAP viewer program as its over a megabyte.

Each Homeseer version you have running can be utilizing the XAP device from the other Homeseer; as once you turn on XAP, Homeseer will broadcast the devices and device status to the XAP network. IE: for temperatures; it'll just keep broadcasting the changed temperature via the same address for the device; for Zoneminder (two way) it'll broadcast alarmed video events. Homeseer can "tell" the Zoneminder server to create an alarm event, hence record security videos. For Linux based HSTouch; Homeseer broadcasts an XPL event to the devices telling them to dim or shut off screens at night.

Whats kind of neat is that you can use XAP applications on your desktop to monitor XAP devices (widgets). XAP/XPL is a structured similiar to the network stack developed for home automation. Unique in one way but a very nice base for automation transport structure. There are rules in place which define the XAP "package" when make it such that whatever device you use and whatever OS you use the transport structure is exactly the same.
                Last edited by Pete; November 9, 2011, 12:13 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Many thank, Pete, for the time you are spending with me.....

Now i am trying to use this.

Comment

What is 'header' and 'hbit'?

Comment

Now, in xap viewer, i can see the 2 Homeseer each other.

How can i create a device and share in the 2 homeseer?

Comment

You look for the name of the "other" Homeseer XAP #2 on the Homeseer XAP #1 and just put a checkmark in the box to enable the variable.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

In the device list of Homeseer'A', i can see only the Homeseer'A' devices and in the list of Homeseer'B', i can only see the Homeseer'B' devices.....

Comment

You have to make sure that the XAP hub is running. Just click and run the exe file. A couple of "double" check to make sure that the XAP traffic is running on the network is to utilize first the XAP viewer. If you see the traffic / devices there; then HS should also see the devices. Then look at the configuration on it to make sure its broadcasting. Also to remember to "uncheck" the "show only Accepted Display box" and if you want make sure to uncheck the "Show rejected Messages" box. Note these are all "live" views of my Homeseer running XAP. The bottom picture is just if you want to save the data into mcsTemperature; autonomous from XAP and an "option". If you utilize the filter option on the first page it'll speed up the search for your XAP devices. Do the drop downs and see. I use the search for text option in the browser just cuz I am used to it.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pete; November 9, 2011, 01:50 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Wwwwow, Pete!!

Now it's beginning to works!! Thank you!!!

Now Homeseer'A' sees 'B' devices and viceversa.

But i have last question: how can i set the 'on' 'off' value?
                              Homeseer only detects 'time last status change', but no value or status is detected. I think i have to assign it?

If i turn on a device on Homeseer 'A', Homeseer 'B' see the time changed status but it does not detect the real status. It is still '2'......

Comment

Working...
                              X