No announcement yet.

xapmcs1Wire Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't there a setting to ignore bad reading vs. set bad reading to zero on xapmcs1Wire?
    There are many DS2408 uses and the hobby-board one should be fine.

Comment

I havent seen that setting.. I may need a newer version of xapmcs1wire. . I havent upgraded for a while.. however a value of 0 for an outside temoerature sensor is a normal reading in Ohio winter, as well as for a heatpump evaporator temperature on defrost so i dont want to ignore a 0 value... id like to be able to set it out of range somehow.. a DS18b20 cant record a temperature of '999' say, ... it needs to go out of what could be a normal reading..
      -Christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I should be able to accomodate as an optional setting when I return to the States next week. I also want to allow 0 to be the default invalid value so it does not affect charting where the logic is to exclude the 0 value that normally falls on the x axis.

Comment

I looked for that in xapmcs1wire and did not find it.

That was feature that you have in mcsTemperature.

Comment

My old AAG Temp/Humidity combo sensor finally bit the dust.
            I've installed a Midon module in its place (Temp/Humidity) and it is working, however the humidity seems to consistently be reading on average 20% lower than any other station in my area.
            Rather than replace the module again, I thought I might simply add a correction to the device in xapmcs1wire. When I enter any number in the CAL field for this device, the reading goes to 100%. It makes no difference if I use 20 or 1; anything but 0 causes this.

- Is this a bug?
            - Do I misunderstand the purpose of the Cal field?
            - Can I script around this in xapmcx1wire? (I haven't explored scripting here at all... pointers?).

It appears I have v3.0.4.0 installed.

Thanks.

Edit: My bad. It's a Midon board, not HB I'm using.
            Last edited by Wadenut; September 12, 2012, 03:21 PM.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

The callibration for humidity is a smooting function. The calibration input will be a number between 0 and 1 where 0 is no smooting and 1 is infinite smooting.

No native scripting is provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                The callibration for humidity is a smooting function. The calibration input will be a number between 0 and 1 where 0 is no smooting and 1 is infinite smooting.

No native scripting is provided.
                Thank-you. Is there documentation on this? I've not been able to find it.
                I've done my own calibration meantime in an HS script using an intermediate device. I'm in line with others now.
                Have you considered a scripting function at all?

Comment

Many of the xAP applications, especially the newer ones, have reasonable documentation. It looks like xapmcs1wire has just evolved based upon user requests and documentation was never prepared. I look in the xAp library and recognize that there a few documation files that are no longer there and there are some other files that were moved by others into this area. I know there was a document on using xapmcs1wire with homeseer in lieu of using mcsTemperature. There was also one contributed by another user that described how he did his 1 wire install and got it working with homeseer.

For the scripting question I have no plans for providing that capabilty. I know I have it with xapmcsRF and xapmcsUPB. The general scripting solution for an xAP environment is xapmcsScript. It will provide a similiar capabilty that you are now implementing within HS using a virtual device and script.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    Many of the xAP applications, especially the newer ones, have reasonable documentation. It looks like xapmcs1wire has just evolved based upon user requests and documentation was never prepared. I look in the xAp library and recognize that there a few documation files that are no longer there and there are some other files that were moved by others into this area. I know there was a document on using xapmcs1wire with homeseer in lieu of using mcsTemperature. There was also one contributed by another user that described how he did his 1 wire install and got it working with homeseer.

For the scripting question I have no plans for providing that capabilty. I know I have it with xapmcsRF and xapmcsUPB. The general scripting solution for an xAP environment is xapmcsScript. It will provide a similiar capabilty that you are now implementing within HS using a virtual device and script.
                    Thank-you Michael.
                    xapMCSRFID also has a nice doc BTW.
                    I did find that users "How I did it", but with my being well beyond the point of basic setup, it didn't cover what I needed.
                    Just a list of which Cal in xapmcs1wire does what would be a big help at this point. That's quite confusing sometimes. I never would have guessed "smoothing".

I can deal with the scripting. It would however be a bit cleaner if there were a method to insert calibrations for devices using a user defined formula. Especially when the function isn't exactly linear and/or the device is sampled very frequently. It might be something simple like A+B or AxB+C, or something much more complex.

Incidently, I've compared the Midon sensor with another meter placed next to it. The two agree. The fact for me remains that I'm always well below what other nearby weather stations are reporting. It may be a case of placement, although the AAG sensor in the same location was always in line. It's a conundrum.

Comment

Every thing is working fine but just a quick question.

I have a Hobby Boards UV Index meter here. It's been on the shelf for a very long time and I just decided to plug it in to see what might happen.
                      The device did not show up on the list. Just wondering if this is supported at all by xapmcs1wire. It's not going to be the end of the world if not.

Comment

There is an old sunlight sensor which was a phototransistor in front of the DS2438. That should have shown up without issue.

More recent Hobby-Boards developments have used their proprietary device to interface the bus. The only thing that I have done using this device has been the 4 port 1-wire hub. In that case I bought one so I could do the software development for it. The hub has much more logic than a basic sensor.

I do not want to buy a UV sensor, but if you want to work back and forth then I can add the device to xapmcs1wire. First step would be to provide link to the API for the specific device that you have. The API should be published on the hobby-boards.com site.

Comment

Thanks Michael.
                          I do use the HB solar sensor already. It works well with xapmcs1wire and is quite handy for conditioning lighting events in that I can control these events based on the amount of available sunlight rather than simply Dusk/Dawn info from HS, even to the point of defining different light levels for various rooms... But I digress.

The UV Index device I have seems to have been discontinued as it's no longer listed on the HB site. They do have a handheld meter now which is a completely different item and quite useless to me. I appreciate your offer to develop for this device but given this new information, it probably isn't worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                          X