Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcschart setup for sql DB question

Michael:
    ***Update I've narrowed the problem down to some data for some reason not wanting to chart - if I add my humidity sensor, no data charts, but if I remove the humidity sensor, the other values chart fine***

I'm trying to get your charting tool working. I have a sqlexpress database running on the same node and confirmed database logging is working. Also if I configure charting as a table I see the min/max/avg for my 1wire inputs.

The problem is when I try to trend (type Line) - I get the 'No Items Selected for Line Graph' message and using xfx viewer I capture the message unable to to open database c:\1wire\data\xapmcsdatabase\gardendata.mdb. This implies to me that somehow charting is still somewhere looking for a local access file eventhough I configured it for SQL.

I've attached the xap message and chart database configuration in the screen grab - any suggestions on how to resolve this?

I'm also including the table display from charting - I note that the 'Now' value is 0 for all my variables, which is incorrect - any chance this somehow is causing the problem?

Thanks
    Ken
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ksdehoff; July 14, 2012, 04:44 PM.

I have noticed that if one requests to chart a sensor for which no data is collected for the period of the chart then you will get the No Data message. For me the null data set is a result of a sensor that has failed so it gives me the trigger to find out what broke. I have not look at xapmcsChart to understand why a single sensor will no data will cause on chart to show when other sensors do have good data.

Comment

I looked into the message about "No Items Selected..." and the only way I can produce it is for the case where the field does not exist in the database for one of the items in the list that are being requested. It seems your database does not yet have any field created for the Humidity. Has there been an xAP message with a different humidity value every sourced on your LAN?

Comment

Working...
      X