Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xal led strip how to ?

hello
    I am looking to run a tape with arduino rgb xap in some functions work, but I do not understand how to send 3 values ​​for red green blue, I try to send a scheme for mcsxap understandable.
    there is a scheme to send 3 analog value has a same device?

cordially
    vincent

I may or may not understand the question. I think you have an arduino where you are able to program the xAP schema, but dont know which one can be used from Homeseer to send a message that contains the R, G and B components of a light.

The general approach to handling things of this nature are to use xAPBSC schema with an endpoint address of each light component. For example Vendor.Application.Instance:Arduino.Light.Red, Vendor.Application.Instance:Arduino.Light.Green, and
    Vendor.Application.Instance:Arduino.Light.Blue
    Within Homeseer there will be three devices and the DeviceValue will be the R or G or B value. When the DeviceValue changes an xAP message will be sent and the arduino will then receive it and set the level of the corresponding LED.

Typically color information is communicated as six hex characters RRGGBB. The RRGGBB text would be in a Homeseer DeviceString and the xAPBSC schema used so that each time the Homesser device is changed the message with the RRGGBB is sent via xAP. The arduino would accept the xAPBSC schema and decode to six characters to drive the three light components. Other methods of encoding the RGB information could be use as long as the sending and receiving ends are using the same.

Another approach is to use HS events with the action being delivery of an xAP Message. You could use any schema you may want to create. This could include something like keys for R, G and B. The burden is then on setting up the message with the desired RGB components prior to transmitting.

Comment

Working...
    X