Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error messages in HS2 Pro from mcsxap1wire.exe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error messages in HS2 Pro from mcsxap1wire.exe

    Michael, Back in May I upgraded my license from HS2 to HS2 Pro to HS3 Pro. My goal is to eventually upgrade to HS3 but it looks like it will be quite some time before it will be stable. So I decided to learn about HSTouch and I installed it on my HS2 computer. I worked with it for a while but the trial expired before I could do much with it. The Help desk refused to give ne a license for HSTouch they said I needed to upgrade to HS2Pro. So I did by using my HS2/HS3 license code. The upgrade was easy and went well. Everything worked in HSPro. However, I soon discovered that my HS log was full of errors. There were almost as many lines of errors as normal lines. All the errors were "setdevicestring" or "setdevicelastchange". Over the past 5 days I have gone through all my scripts and made hundreds of changes trying to eliminate the errors. I was able to eliminate all the "setdevicestring" errors, But a lot of "setdevicelastchange" errors persisted. The errors seemed to come at random times and I could not determine which scripts were causing them. After several days, I realized they were coming from scripts running in the background. So one by one, I turned off the COM ports(6 and 3), X10, and ACRF. The errors persisted throughout the process. Finally I shut down mcsxap1wire.exe; the errors stopped. I restarted all the other plugins. With everything running except mcsxap1wire, no errors. After several hours, I restarted mcsxap1wire. Within 45 seconds, error messages started again.

    Attached is a screen shot of the error messages. also attached is the mcsxap debug log covering the same time period.

    I know you are very busy and would rather spend your time working on the HS3 plugin, but I am hoping you could look at the debug log and see if there are anything strange going on at the times the error messages appear in the log. Or is there anything I can do to help find the source of the errors?

    I am running version 3.0.4.7 of mcsxap1wire.exe.

    I have another thread about the errors here:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161676


    Steve Q
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve Q; August 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

  • #2
    I think you are referring to the red and orange text in the image. I seems to be telling you that the house code is blank for these devices so when trying to update them HS cannot find them.

    mcsXap maintains database to keep track of HCDC for each Accepted device. This same information should be in the mcsXap setup page. Look for a one wire device on the setup that was accepted and in the DC column will be the device code.

    To further investigate use xAP Message Viewer so can easily capture one of the one wire messages and repeat it as desired to help with debugging.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you, Thank you. Problem solved. the error messages are gone. You were exactly on target. I had several xap devices that were marked accepted in the HS mcsXap plugin but did not have device codes assigned. This is a result of my replacement of a DS2438 early this spring. I was getting crazy results so I replaced the suspect DS2438 with a new one. When I set it up, I made all the necessary changes in mcsxap1wire but I apparently did not remove the device from the HS2 plugin. HS2 did not complain so I did not see the problem. So I unchecked the "A" box for the DS2438 that was removed and saved the setup. No more error messages in HS2Pro.


      Thanks for your help. This incident really frustrates me because it further demonstrates the complexity of Home Automation software/hardware. It was a simple fix, but it took me days of work to discover the source of the problem and how to fix it. Now we are headed down the HS3 path, and to me it seems even more complicated! I don't see how "true" Home Automation will ever become mainstream given the complexity of the environment! Oh well, I needed a hobby, and now I have one for life!

      Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

      Comment

      Working...
      X