Mcsxap1wire on windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcsxap1wire on windows 7

Michael, my HS3 computer OS is windows 7. I have installed the net version of mcsxap1wire and the 64 bit Maxim drivers for the USB DS9490. The 32 bit drivers would not install; error message "wrong OS". I was only able to get mcsxap1wire running via "run as administrator". After many hours of trying multiple 1wire devices, I was finally able to get a single DS2406 recognized. I could not add a second DS2406 nor any other device. I could not even get a different DS2406 ( only one device attached) to be recognized.

I know the DS9490 is working properly because I was using it in a test setup with HS2.

The behavior of mcsaxp1wire is very erratic. It seems to loose communication with DS9490 when the "search for Comm Ports" and/or "search for devices" is pressed.

Any ideas?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Bootstrap yourself up. Use the two tools that come with your 1-wire drivers. Set your default 1-wire adapter/port. Use the one wire viewer to evaluate the quality of the 1-wire hardware connection(s) to the adapter.

From the tray an option exists for 1 wire comm. It contains the communication between xapmcs1wire and the hardware drivers. It is the lowest level of visibility available without test equipment.

The tray also has a message page that functions like a log.

I did the same install as you described with W7, 64 bit drivers, DS9490 adapter. I unzipped the xapmcs1wire files from the xAP Library. I did a search for devices and the following is what was obtained. I then entered the polling rate for the temperature sensor that I had connected to the adapter.

The search for ports will be definition disconnect the DS9490 because it is search through all ports that are on your computer and trying to connect the drivers. You are better off telling the system what you installed rather than having it try to figure it out. That is where the first step above will give you known control.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mcsxap1wire on windows 7

Michael, thanks for the help.

I am embarrassed to say that somehow, my wires got crossed. I had the DQ and GND reversed on the RJ11 connector to the DS9490. I was able to track this down using the Maxim onewire tools you pointed me to.

But in my own defense, there were at lot of issues going on. I'm still confused about why I have to start mcsxap1wire with "run as administrator". Maybe I can sort this out later.

It was a real adventure getting the 64bit Maxim onewire tool to run. It needs the 64bit version of Java. But the 64 bit version of Java can only be downloaded via the 64 bit version of Internet explorer. I knew the 64bit version of IE was installed on my Win7 computer, but I could not find it. After a lot of digging, I discovered that IE 10 is both 32 and 64 bit capable. But the 64bit capability needs to be activated. See this: http://www.ngohq.com/news/23295-how-...ndows-7-a.html.

I also discovered that IE has an "automatic update" check box on the "about" page. Also, the "about" page does not indicate whether IE is running in the 32 or 64 bit mode. Apparently an automatic update to IE was installed without my knowledge and it replaced the 64 bit only version.

So I finally got the 64bit Maxim onewire tool running and I quickly discovered my wiring problem. Mcsxap1wire is now working properly.

Steve Q
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Last edited by Steve Q; September 14th, 2013, 10:23 PM.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I am fortunate I have not had 64 bit IE 10 issues. Thank You for the reference should it happen to me too.

I do not need to run as administrator. I do have UAC set to never notify. Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

Comment

Working...
        X