mcsXap issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcsXap issue

Hello and first of all, scuse me for my bad english.

I have a very big problem i can not solve, so, i hope someone can help me.

Everything works fine with Homeseer, mcsXap plugin and many Netiom xap boards.
    But when for some problems internet goes down in my house, everything stop working.
    I have seen Netiom xap launches commands on the Lan network and xfxviewer can receive these commands, but Homeseer does not receive and does not launch any xap commands.

Does someone know is there is some solution? Maybe some setting to configure?

Thank you very much and scuse me for my bad english again.

Ema from Italy

Up, please, i need help.......

Internet is still down and so i can not turn on any light, opening any blind and turning on any television in my house............

It's impossible this thing, i am sure it is a setting error i have made.........

xfxviewer receive all commands, but homeseer does not.
    Why!
    I need to solve this problem fast because i can not live in a house without lights.........

Comment

emabonacchi,

Your English is good - no need to apologize!

I use the XAP plugin for HS and find that it stops working when the LAN is disconnected for a moment and is then restored. I must restart HS to get it working again. Have you tried restarting HS?
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
        emabonacchi,

Your English is good - no need to apologize!

I use the XAP plugin for HS and find that it stops working when the LAN is disconnected for a moment and is then restored. I must restart HS to get it working again. Have you tried restarting HS?
        Hello mfisher and many thanks fr your reply.

Well, my 'lan' is never disconnect. It is always connected and xfxviewer always receives all xap commands.
        But when adsl is 'down', xfx continues to receive xap commands, but homeseer is not able to receive or send any xap commands and it make impossible to live in my home.
        I can not turn on lights, i can not to turn on television and i can not tu tunr on heating system...........

It is a real big disaster!.......... i am becoming crazy from about 2 days........ all my home was made on mscXap system and now, all my home is down from 2 days..........

Comment

Originally posted by emabonacchi View Post
          ........ all my home was made on mscXap system and now, all my home is down from 2 days..........
          Originally posted by mfisher View Post
          I must restart HS to get it working again. Have you tried restarting HS?
          So, have you tried restarting HS?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            So, have you tried restarting HS?
            Yes, i have try. When i restart Homeseer, the startup is very slow. It is about 10 minutes (normally Homeseer startup is less then one minute) and after startup, the problem is not solved.

Comment

mcsXap issue

You may have a hardware problem. Try disabling your network plugins one at a time. This will tell you where to look for the problem.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

The only network plugin i have is mcsXap plugin.

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                You may have a hardware problem. Try disabling your network plugins one at a time. This will tell you where to look for the problem.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

If you disable the mcsXap plugin does HS start normally?
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

If you disable the mcsXap plugin does HS start normally?
                    Yes, it does.
                    The slow-startup happens when Homeseer loads mcsXap plugin.

Comment

This is sounding like a problem for Michael McSharry.

There is an option near the bottom of the plug-in config page to enable debug. I don't recall every using that, but it might provide additional information. In the absence of more informed guidance, you might try enabling that option and then restarting HS to see if there is something informative that shows up in the log.

On a separate topic: it would seem to be prudent to rework your automation architecture to facilitate manual control of critical systems. I assume that course has occurred to you as well. In my experience, the more critical the function of a system, the more it seems prone to malfunction. At the very least, it's always good to have a plan B.

Comment

This is sounding like a problem for Michael McSharry.

There is an option near the bottom of the plug-in config page to enable debug. I don't recall every using that, but it might provide additional information. In the absence of more informed guidance, you might try enabling that option and then restarting HS to see if there is something informative that shows up in the log.

On a separate topic: it would seem to be prudent to rework your automation architecture to facilitate manual control of critical systems. I assume that course has occurred to you as well. In my experience, the more critical the function of a system, the more it seems prone to malfunction. At the very least, it's always good to have a plan B.

I think it's a plugin problem too because i have try to change router, i have try to change pc, but, when internet connection is down, the problem is still here.
                        When internet connection is up, everything goes ok. And now, from 3 days, internet is down, so we can not turn on the lights or the heating system.

Well, you are surely in right when you say "you must to have a 'B' plan', but........ ok, what can be a 'B' plan?
                        Initially my house was totally made on X10........ no comment....... in a large house, x10 is not a good idea.
                        Then i have try Zwave....... no comment again........ x10 was better.

Now, xap seems to be really ok! Fast and stable, but this is the only real problem.
                        No internet = no house. It seems really impossible and i am sure there must be a solution.

But i have not found this and i think i am not able to find.

The problem is surely in Homeseer because i see xfxviewer receiving command and Homeseer not receiving.

Comment

It is not clear what the relationship is between ADSL and the LAN. The plugin, to my knowledge, does not make any internet access. To help further the debug checkbox that was previously mentioned should be used and HS restarted to evaluate what is happening during the initialization process. I forget if the debug go to HS log or to a file in the \Data subfolder.

I am in Europe so cannot do any evaluation, but I do have source and confirmed that no external http/www requests are being made.

I also suggest that \Config\mcsXap.ini is used to assure the LAN NIC is the one being used by xAP communications for mcsXap. My \Config\mcsXap.ini contains the following.

[Interface]
                          InterfaceAddress=192.168.0.5
                          BroadcastAddress=192.168.0.255

You would need to change yours to specify your InterfaceAddress for the computer NIC IP that you want mcsXap to use. Change BroadcastAddress to be that for your LAN with the last octet being 255

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            It is not clear what the relationship is between ADSL and the LAN. The plugin, to my knowledge, does not make any internet access. To help further the debug checkbox that was previously mentioned should be used and HS restarted to evaluate what is happening during the initialization process. I forget if the debug go to HS log or to a file in the \Data subfolder.

I am in Europe so cannot do any evaluation, but I do have source and confirmed that no external http/www requests are being made.

I also suggest that \Config\mcsXap.ini is used to assure the LAN NIC is the one being used by xAP communications for mcsXap. My \Config\mcsXap.ini contains the following.

[Interface]
                            InterfaceAddress=192.168.0.5
                            BroadcastAddress=192.168.0.255

You would need to change yours to specify your InterfaceAddress for the computer NIC IP that you want mcsXap to use. Change BroadcastAddress to be that for your LAN with the last octet being 255
                            The config.ini file is correctly setted up.
                            I am sure too there is no relationship between xap and internet connection, but the fact is that there is a problem conflicting.

The thing i can see, is that xfxViever can see xap commands, but Homeseer does not.
                            This fact let me think some setting is wrong....... don't you think same?
                            I have spent many time searching for setting to adjust, but i haven't had luck........

Maybe is not a setting problem..... i don't know...... but the fact is that:

If Internet is down, xfxViewer sees xap commands and Homeseer does not (or sees them very slowly).
                            If Internet is up, everything works fine.

......i am becoming crazy...... please, help.......

Comment

I have provided two suggestions. One you indicated was setup properly. Most do not use mcsxap.ini so surprised yours was already in place. The second was debug information.
                              This has something related to your local network so others will be able to replicate. More diagnostic information is needed to help. Wireshark is what I use for lower level LAN debugging.

Comment

Working...
                              X