McsxAP plugin for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still in the updater?

I am (slowly) moving from HS2 to HS3 and would like to get started with mcsXap for HS3. I see a zip file in the library for v50, but there is also a notation that it is available in the updater, but I cannot find it.

If I load it manually, where do I put the files? the Homeseer 3 root directory? Is it still a managed plug-in?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Michael, if I remember correctly, the plugin was available in the updater about 18 months ago. I am away from my HS3 computer until the end of the week.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I'm still pluggin away on HS2 and wondered if i can use XapMCS1wire posted in this thread on an HS2 system running MCSXap?

I have yet to go to HS3.. im at almost 13 years using Homeseer sarting with 1.5 then going to HS2 when it came out.. system is as stable as can be and I havent added much to it so I hate to go throughthe trouble of a complete conversion till I get HVAC moved fully off of HS altogether to its RPI solution... but id like a little more stability to my 1wire and it looks like this would help.
        -Christopher
        PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Are you asking about the plugin or xapmcs1wire.exe? The .exe program is independent of HS3 so it should work on HS2.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

ive been working on using my RPI3 and making it a XaP node.. but have yet to get mcsXap to recognize what im sending.. guessing im fubaring the protocol somewhere still.. ive been having issues with my 1 wire master hub.. minor thus far but concerned.
            hobby-boards is defunct so I cant get another one if it dies.. been working on ideas of other ways to collect 1 wire data and get it to HS.. I can run VM's of minimal windows and use Xapmcs1wire until I get another solution for my multiple 1 wire networks working.

-Christopher
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Not certain if there is a question or not here. Using xFx Message Viewer one can capture the xAP messages on the LAN and then the next step can be taken to understand why mcsXap may not be seeing it.

Comment

Working...
              X