xapmcsdatabase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xapmcsdatabase

Michael, I just started using xapmcsdatabase with HS3. It is working well!

I am using an Access database because I am very adept at using Excel and Access. Attached is a simple temperature graph of data from DS2438 connected to HS3 running on my Aspire netbook.

Since xapmcsdatabase can create an SQLite database file, and HS3 uses SQLite, is there something to be gained for me to switch to SQLite? I'm sure there is a huge learning cure for SQLite! Is it worth the effort?

Steve Q
    Attached Files
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

SQLite is well suited for embedded applications because it has a very small footprint. Access is well suited for ease of user interface.
    SQL Server and MySQL are well suited for large volumes of data.

When the database gets to 1G range then Access tends to underperform. I don't know how SQLite does for large data volumes.

Comment

xapmcsdatabase

Thanks, I will continue working with Access databases. But I think I will try to learn a little about SQL. At some point, I'm sure I will want to look at the HS3 database for maintenance purposes. I'm already wondering how I will deal with replacing a failed z-wave device. Thanks for the info.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
      X