Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONTROL DS2890

Hello.
    I have mount A ds2890 (variableresistor 0-10v)
    I works well but i don'y know how change value with homeseer.
    Ican do that with xapmcs1wire interface but with homeseer???
    Thanx

You should be able to change it by setting the DeviceValue of the HS device (hs.SetDeviceValue). There are two steps that I suggest using. One is to use xAP Message Viewer for construct a xapbsc.cmd message to to sent to xapmcs1Wire. This will confirm the operation of xapmcs1wire with respect to this device. The second is to set the DeviceValue in HS and observe the message delivered with xAP Message Viewer. I do not have a DS2890 in my system to test.

Comment

Ok thanx
      I will use xap command cause device level go from 0 to 255
      In homeseer in cant go up to 100% that correspond to 100 of 255 level...
      A little bug.

Thanx

Comment

Sorry but i search for a doc on xapbsc.cmd
        Can you help me?

Comment

Hi Michael and sorry to disturb you again.
          i want to launch script or event to change value of the DS2890.

Idon't know how to...
          Can you help me please?

xap-header
          {
          v=13
          hop=1
          uid=FF.0005:0078
          class=xAPBSC.info
          source=mcs.OneWire.Domoland:xapmcs1Wire_0-10V VMC.580000000070922C.Index
          }
          output.state
          {
          State=OFF
          Level=6/255
          }

Comment

There are two ways to send xAP messages from HS2. The most common way is to change the DeviceStatus or DeviceValue of a HS devices that has been Accepted for xAP use. The second way is as an event action of xAP Message where the action is setup with the various fields that comprise the xAP message. Setting up an HS2 event is something that should be covered in the HS2 help files. One of the event actions is xAP Message and if selected you will see the text boxes that need to be filled-in. Since you want to send an xAPBSC schema message then using the DeviceStatus and DeviceValue are by far the easiest and most flexible. If you wanted to send a different scheme then the xAP Message Event Action would be used.

If you want help on setting up an HS2 event to set the DeviceValue of a virtual device then post the question in the general use formum as many will be able to answer there. Not very many read the xAP forum.

The following message you showed looks to me to be something that was delivered from xapmcsOneWire. If it was Accepted in HS2 then it will be usable as a HS2 virtual device.

xap-header
            {
            v=13
            hop=1
            uid=FF.0005:0078
            class=xAPBSC.info
            source=mcs.OneWire.Domoland:xapmcs1Wire_0-10V VMC.580000000070922C.Index
            }
            output.state
            {
            State=OFF
            Level=6/255
            }
            If you change the DeviceValue of this virtual device to 8 using an event or any method that provides this capabilty then I would expect something like the following to be send from mcsXap. This is your xapBSC.cmd message. The schema definiton for Basic Status and Control (BSC) is at http://xapautomation.org/index.php?t...Control_Schema

xap-header
            {
            v=13
            hop=1
            uid=FF.000A:0000
            class=xAPBSC.cmd
            source=mcs.mcsXap.Domoland
            target=mcs.OneWire.Domoland:xapmcs1Wire_0-10V VMC.580000000070922C.Index
            }
            output.state.1
            {
            id=78
            State=OFF
            Level=8/255
            }
            I am not positive this is correct format but should be close. If you were to send this from xAP message viewer then your DS2890 would be expected to change to output 8. Using the xAP viewer is just for testing. When it gets sent from HS2 then it will be in the correct format.

When setting up a virtual device in HS there is no restriction of values only being able to go to 100. A value from 0 to 255 can be used to give you the full range you want for the DS2890.

Comment

Working...
            X