mcsXap (v2.3.1.2, HS2) crashes on temporary network loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My router drops the network for about 20 seconds every night (long story.) When this happens mcsXap fails and does not receive or transmit any further xAP data until HS is restarted. The only indications of an issue are the following two entries in the log and the cessation of data Tx & Rx:
    Code:
    11/22/2013 2:55:23 AM 	mcsXap 	xAP UDP(2) Socket Error @Async SendTo Callback The requested address is not valid in its context Line 0 The requested address is not valid in its context
    11/22/2013 2:55:35 AM 	mcsXap 	xAP UDP(1) Socket Error @DoUDPReceive An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host Line 0 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    I also run xapmcs1wire, xapmcsDatabase and xapmcsChart on the same machine and these all continue to function normally without any indication of errors (aside from the lack of data being provided by HS), so I am fairly certain that this is an issue with the mcsXap plugin.

Michael, I know you're probably focused on HS3 dev but any chance you could have a look at this?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

I think I have the same problem but for me it happens about once a week. I have resorted to having HomeSeer HS2 restart my computer every other day at 2 AM.

I am current testing mcsxaphub, xapmcs1wire, and mcsxapdatabase on HS3 running on an Acer Aspire1 Netbook computer. It's too early to know for sure, but I have not yet seen any issue with xAP stopping.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Version 3 of the plugin was a rewrite of the socket handling to deal with the deafness that some were eventually experiencing. This is the direction I recommend as it is the current version.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I presume this means no more updates for HS2 versions?

While you are re-spinning the plugin, I'd like to request that the plugin automatically recovers when the LAN returns. Also, please consider only logging a network connectivity error once and then a re-connectivity notice when restored. Some plugin authors continually flood the HS log with error messages when the net is unavailable.

Thanks for your great plugins - and support!
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

Version 3 of the plugin is for HS2. It is a totally different monster than the HS3 plugin. It can be found in the xAP Library. I think there are actually 3 options available for HS2.

Comment

Sorry about that - every time a see a "v3" on the board I assume it's for HS3!

Two questions:
            1) Looking at the v3 zip contents, which files are required for a Windows install? I know the HSPI dll is, but which of the other three are needed: Restart, Sqlite3 and Mono.Sqlite.Data?
            2) In the future, how might I know that you've posted a new version of the plugin, and how can I tell what version is posted on your website?

Thanks again!!
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

Comment

I have generally not been maintaining the xAP files on mcsSprinklers.com. There is no support forum at that location. There is no notification pushed on latest mcsXap version. Minor updates are just recorded in the change log on this board. Major ones will usually have a new thread as a discussion item. Not a good notification system, but it is what it is.

Restart is used for the case where the self-monitoring detects traffic has stopped. It will result in a shutdown and then restart of HS2. Other than when forced for testing I have never experienced traffic stopping. SQLite3 is the database engine. I think V3 went from Access to SQLite. mono.sqlite.data is the .NET bridge to SQLite3. This was done when HS3 and Linux were mentioned so I wanted to start that migration.

Comment

Working...
              X