Level values in Action interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, I'm having some issues with On/Off CAPI/Action commands being issued to an imported xAp device. In the event screen, I can only select On/Off and values between 0/255 to 252/255 (which is not 100% on).

I understand there is a decoupling between Off/On and level (setting Off, keeps the current level, and setting On restores the previous level), but would it be possible to expose the entire range to the the Action interface please?

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

I am not clear on what you are asking. Is this HS3?

The code below is what is used to define the range when an xAP device is created. "sMaxLevel" is the y of x/y in the received xAP Level=x/y. What are you doing to generate a 252?

Code:
                                If sKey = "level" Then
                                    Pair.RangeStart = 0 
                                    Pair.RangeEnd = InternationalDecimal(sMaxLevel) 
                                    Pair.RangeStatusSuffix = " / " & sMaxLevel
                                Else
                                    Pair.RangeStart = -1.7E+308
                                    Pair.RangeEnd = 1.7E+308
                                    Pair.RangeStatusSuffix = ""
                                End If

Comment

Sorry, yes. This is HS3. I guess it's best shown via a screenshot. When I create an action that controls a xAp imported device, I see the following:
      Attached Files
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

What you are seeing is a result of the decision made on the HS3 event page to limit the number of enumeration selections so the web page does not become too big. I believe they could improve their algorithm by including both the minimum and maximum values in the rang and then equal spacing between them for the number they wish to present. I suggest submitting a bug report for this as it applies to all devices and not just xAP devices.

Comment

That makes sense. I didn't have any other devices with that range so hadn't seen it before. I'll log the big.

Thanks M

Comment

Working...
          X