xapmcsADIOcelot Data=Timer3 Line 310 Type mismatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsADIOcelot Data=Timer3 Line 310 Type mismatch

I am working through setting up xapmcsADIOcelot and I have it running after getting all the .ocx files registered. I have the latest version from the xapLibrary (2059) installed. It is flooding the xap system with the message "Data=Timer3 Line 310 Type mismatch".

also, when clicking either System Config or System Status on the ADI tray icon nothing happens?

any help is appreciated, TIA

The easy answers is that the System Config and System Status are not enabled so you are getting the expected result.

The xAP message is coming from the handling of X10 communication from Ocelot. The serial port reports at least 3 bytes are available from the ocelot, but when the 3rd byte is read a byte is not returned and the exception is reported as the writelog message.

I normally run with IP/Serial but did connect directly to serial and did confirm that I do not see the same with my setup. What I did with the attached is display additional information in the error output.

What are you using for a serial interface with the ocelot?
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm using a 4 port usb to rs232 hub to connect to the ocelot, it works fine with c-max and shows as connected on the GUI setup.

with the new .exe you posted I get xap messages alternating between

Data=Timer3 b=Empty, count c=5 Line 260 Error reading comm device

and

Data=Timer3 b=Empty, count c=5 Line 270 Type mismatch

Comment

xapADIOcelot is based upon the original HS1 ocelot plugin develop by HST. The technique used was to poll the serial port and use the information returned from the serial port driver for the number of characters that are available for reading.

In your error report data it indicates that the driver indicates that there are 5 bytes available. Line 260 is where it reads the first of the available bytes. When the device was read, it returned an error and the expected byte was returned as an empty object.

In all my other applications where I use a serial port I use the interrupt from the device that indicates a byte is received and then buffer that byte immediately rather than leaving it with the driver/hardware and later getting in in a polling cycle. It is likely that cmax and most other applications will handle received bytes when they are received.

The same situation existed with the Line 300 error, but in this case it was the 3rd rather than the 1st byte of a set being read when the read operation resulted in an error.

A few suggestions. One is to assure that the latest available driver for your usb/serial is installed. I have found the FTDI chipset to have good driver support. Edgeport also looks to have good support. I used a FTDI-based USB/Serial when I tested to try to reproduce you error and had no issue with its use.

A second is to use IP/serial if you have that type of adapter available. This is the interface mechanism that I use. This bypasses the need for a driver because xapmcsADIOcelot communicates directly via IP to the device.

Comment

I guess your're saying my usb to serial hub is worth less than I paid for it .. it's a low priced StarTech 4 port which has a TI USB3410 chipset and I have StarTech's latest drivers installed.

Does the IP/Serial let both c-max and xapmcsADIOcelot talk to the ocelot at the same time? That could make it worth the new adapter. Suggestions ?

Comment

I have no experience with the TI chipset. I am only trying to convey what I see based upon the error that are being raised.

Only one device can be connected to the ocelot at the same time. If you also want to use CMAX, then you will need to have a serial COM virtual port no matter if you use USB or IP.

The FTDI chipset USB/Serial adapters are available on ebay at a low price. If the chipset is not disclosed in the advertisement then it is likely prolific as these seems to be the lowest cost.

Comment

Working...
            X