Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimable Xap Devices

Hi there,

I have a preset Dim device in HS2 and want to get this working across to HS3 so that I can control the device on both systems. Should I use the state, or Text values. I tried the STATE and it allows me to turn the device on and off but it did not allow the same control as HS2 allows.

In HS2 if I set the value to say 50 then it would represent 50% and dim it accordingly.

I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on how I can get this working.

Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

This is one area where HS3 took a step down from HS2 so now both ON/OFF and brightness must be captured in a single property. You should Accept Level so brightness information will be retained in the Device Value.

From the HS3 Device Management there are ON/OFF and Brightness level controls so you are able to control the device using preset dim type functionality. Look at the Value/Status/Graphics for the device to see what values are used for each of these three control options.

If this does not provide what you need then be very specific as to how your environment operates with respect to the preset dim devices. How do on/off get set, how does brightness get set. What status information becomes available to acknowledge the current state of the end point hardware.

Comment

Is there something special I need to do in order to set this up, I am happy to provide any information you need. I had a look through the HS3 XAP config page and there is no .level property available, even though the HS2 Device has been set to Accept.

There is no device values set up on the HS3 side, other than ON / OFF which work fine (when I used the .state device).

The actual properties string from the HS2 device are below, in addition to Device Value's match to their respective percentages (e.g. 10% = 10, 20% = 20 and so on up to 100%):

X-10 Preset Dim, Show Values

Thanks!

HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Show me the xAP message that HS3 is receiving that you want to map into HS3 device.
        What xAP message are you expecting to be sent when your change a HS device ON/OFF and then which one when you change the brightness without changing the ON/OFF state.

There are both xapBSC and xap-x10 schema that may be used. xapBSC uses the Level= key and xap-x10 uses the Count= key.

Comment

Working...
        X