Invert Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invert Bias

I just noticed that the xapmcsWEBControl Bias option is not coming back after system is rebooted.

Is there a way to make this setting permanent so when system reboots the checkmark remains enabled for the devices where that were set with Inverted option.

Thanks
    Mark

Can you identify your WebControl version number (it shows from browser when accessing WebControl. Different versions are handled differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Can you identify your WebControl version number (it shows from browser when accessing WebControl. Different versions are handled differently.
      Hi Michael,

I am running V1.0.2.3. BTW what is the latest?

Comment

I am not looking for the version of xapmcsWebControl, but of the WebControl firmware. Latest xapmcsWebControl software is always listed on the change log of the xAP Library for this application.

Comment

I am not looking for the version of xapmcsWebControl, but of the WebControl firmware. Latest xapmcsWebControl software is always listed on the change log of the xAP Library for this application.
          Sorry Michael I misunderstood. Here is the information, I am running two versions one is v03.02.14 and v02.05.01.

Just for clarity, my problem is not setting the Inverting at the WEBControl controller level. That works fine. When I set the Invert box on the xapmcsWebControl software it is fine until I reboot or restart the app. When I restart the xapmcsWebControl app all Invert boxes that were checked before get cleared and need to be set again.

Thanks in advance
          Mark

Comment

The inversion status is maintained in WebControl. xapmcsWebControl queries the module on power-up to get the status. It turns out that the invert information for inputs is associated with an output. If polarity is set when channel 2 was the last output used then the polarity is not visible when any of the other seven were last accessed.

I had two approaches to deal with it. One was to set the invert information for all eight outputs. This takes awhile so I only associated input polarity with channel 1 and always set the channel to 1 when reading and writing them.

The update is version 1.0.3.3.

Comment

The inversion status is maintained in WebControl. xapmcsWebControl queries the module on power-up to get the status. It turns out that the invert information for inputs is associated with an output. If polarity is set when channel 2 was the last output used then the polarity is not visible when any of the other seven were last accessed.

I had two approaches to deal with it. One was to set the invert information for all eight outputs. This takes awhile so I only associated input polarity with channel 1 and always set the channel to 1 when reading and writing them.

The update is version 1.0.3.3.
              Thanks Michael.

Here is my dilemma. I have few Webcontrol boards that are connected to the relay boards. The relay boards are active Low. In other words if I turn on output on the Webcontrol boards and it goes High, the relay boards turns the Relay Off. when the Webcontrol has all outputs low the relay board has all relays in the ON state. To solve this I've enabled the State Inverted option on all ports at the WebControl controller level. So as you know this reverses the output from Low to High. So now On is state 0 and Off is state 1. Now when the xapmcsWebControl software reads the status even though the device is turned On it shows it as Off every time it refreshes. To solve this I've enabled the Bias Invert option in xapmcsWebControl software. At this point all states are shown properly. This is all fine until the system that is hosting the xapmcsWebControl software reboots and the app starts up again. At that point all of the previously check boxes in Bias Invert options are now unchecked.

Is there a way to make the Bias Invert setting being saved so when it reboots the settings remain as they were before the reboot. Unless you have some other suggestions.

Sorry for the long winded explanation.

Thanks
              Mark
              Last edited by marekd1; April 3, 2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Did you use the version posted yesterday and continue to have a problem? The same situation exists where the invert from the WebControl is used during startup of xapmcsWebControl. The change that was made was for the input inversion as that is where I found an issue. I was not aware you were referring to the invert on the outputs.

Are you certain that the WebControl has the invert set before your restart xapmcsWebControl? You can observe the status using a browser and the GUI provided on the WebControl. xapmcsWebControl does not have independent invert logic. It uses the logic available in the WebControl.

Comment

Did you use the version posted yesterday and continue to have a problem? The same situation exists where the invert from the WebControl is used during startup of xapmcsWebControl. The change that was made was for the input inversion as that is where I found an issue. I was not aware you were referring to the invert on the outputs.

Are you certain that the WebControl has the invert set before your restart xapmcsWebControl? You can observe the status using a browser and the GUI provided on the WebControl. xapmcsWebControl does not have independent invert logic. It uses the logic available in the WebControl.
                  Hi Michael, Yes I updated to the new version posted and still have the same problem. The xapmcsWebControl when reboots it comes up with the Invert boxes unchecked.

I've attached the config screens for your reference. Please note that the Invert box is set manually after each reboot in xapmcsWebControl software.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What you are showing is the PLC version of WebControl. The setup of limits, inverts etc only works for the BRE version. What I did do is allow xapmcsWebControl to logically set the invert and retain this setting through a restart. The WebControl firmware does not sync to xapmcsWebControl for this with PLC so it is a manual operation to maintain. This is version 1.0.3.4.

Comment

What you are showing is the PLC version of WebControl. The setup of limits, inverts etc only works for the BRE version. What I did do is allow xapmcsWebControl to logically set the invert and retain this setting through a restart. The WebControl firmware does not sync to xapmcsWebControl for this with PLC so it is a manual operation to maintain. This is version 1.0.3.4.
                      Thank you Michael, I actually have both versions. I will give it a try.

Thanks again Michael. It is working like a charm!
                      Last edited by marekd1; April 4, 2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X