Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsChart MS SQL config

Hello Michael,

Trying now to get the xapmcsChart going. I got the xapmcsDatabase to talk to MS SQL but can not do the same for the xapmcsChart. Not sure where the errors are the DB does not get created in the MS SQL.

I am assuming that integrated authentication is being used. I've tried modifying the ini but still no luck. I've added the screen capture of the config screen.

Can you give me some pointers or should I just stick with Access. The only thing that when data gets big Access is kind of slow.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
    Mark
    Attached Files

I use MS SQL (2000) and in my case it is the default rather than specified provider. The general philosophy is that xapmcsDatabase owns the SQL (or Access) database and xapmcsChart is read-only. There may be some legacy stuff with Access and xapmcsChart that is different. These things evolve.

When the Query Database button is used form a group setup page in xapmcsChart then a request is sent and serviced by xapmcsDatabase that describes the database and signals that are available to be charted. The concept was to support multiple xapmcsDatabase instances and multiple databases, but never had a need so this part was not fully developed.

An example of the query response is below. You can see where the database path is obtained from use by xapmcsChart.

I also attached the list of applications that I had submitted to the updater. These have all had the update to manage links at the top of the page to allow each navigation between each other. The assumptions is that the install path is \xAP\ from the HS3 folder.

Code:
    xap-header
    {
    v=13
    hop=1
    uid=FF.0006:00
    class=Database.Schema
    source=mcs.Database.shuttle
    target=mcs.Chart.SHUTTLE
    }
    Database.Location
    {
    Database=mcsTemperature
    Scaling=100
    Provider=Integrated Security=SSPI; Data Source =; Initial Catalog=
    DateField=SampleDate
    Table=tblPeriodic
    }
    Analog.1
    {
    Name=XAPMCS1WIRE_SOLAR
    Field=a060000002C40AA28
    }
    Analog.2
    {
    Name=xapmcs1Wire_Yellow_Bedroom
    Field=a0D0000002C71EB28
    }
    Analog.3
    {
    Name=XAPMCS1WIRE_SOIL_MOISTURE
    Field=a11000010F36124301
    }
    Analog.4
    {
    Name=xapmcs1Wire_Closet
    Field=a13000800468CD310
    }
    Analog.5
    {
    Name=xapmcs1Wire_HVAC_Exhaust
    Field=a1F0000002C5A8828
    }
    Analog.6
    {
    Name=xapmcs1Wire_Nook
    Field=a330000025F596728
    }
    Analog.7
    {
    Name=xapmcs1Wire_Pagoda
    Field=a360000002C49CA28
    }
    Analog.8
    {
    Name=xapmcs1Wire_Wind_Gust
    Field=a3B0000000179161DG1
    }
    Analog.9
    {
    Name=XAPMCS1WIRE_WIND_SPEED
    Field=a3B0000000179161DW
    }
    Analog.10
    {
    Name=xapmcsTemp0x_Anthem_Bedroom
    Field=a3B00080023C01110
    }
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      I use MS SQL (2000) and in my case it is the default rather than specified provider. The general philosophy is that xapmcsDatabase owns the SQL (or Access) database and xapmcsChart is read-only. There may be some legacy stuff with Access and xapmcsChart that is different. These things evolve.

When the Query Database button is used form a group setup page in xapmcsChart then a request is sent and serviced by xapmcsDatabase that describes the database and signals that are available to be charted. The concept was to support multiple xapmcsDatabase instances and multiple databases, but never had a need so this part was not fully developed.

An example of the query response is below. You can see where the database path is obtained from use by xapmcsChart.

I also attached the list of applications that I had submitted to the updater. These have all had the update to manage links at the top of the page to allow each navigation between each other. The assumptions is that the install path is \xAP\ from the HS3 folder.

Code:
      xap-header
      {
      v=13
      hop=1
      uid=FF.0006:00
      class=Database.Schema
      source=mcs.Database.shuttle
      target=mcs.Chart.SHUTTLE
      }
      Database.Location
      {
      Database=mcsTemperature
      Scaling=100
      Provider=Integrated Security=SSPI; Data Source =; Initial Catalog=
      DateField=SampleDate
      Table=tblPeriodic
      }
      Analog.1
      {
      Name=XAPMCS1WIRE_SOLAR
      Field=a060000002C40AA28
      }
      Analog.2
      {
      Name=xapmcs1Wire_Yellow_Bedroom
      Field=a0D0000002C71EB28
      }
      Analog.3
      {
      Name=XAPMCS1WIRE_SOIL_MOISTURE
      Field=a11000010F36124301
      }
      Analog.4
      {
      Name=xapmcs1Wire_Closet
      Field=a13000800468CD310
      }
      Analog.5
      {
      Name=xapmcs1Wire_HVAC_Exhaust
      Field=a1F0000002C5A8828
      }
      Analog.6
      {
      Name=xapmcs1Wire_Nook
      Field=a330000025F596728
      }
      Analog.7
      {
      Name=xapmcs1Wire_Pagoda
      Field=a360000002C49CA28
      }
      Analog.8
      {
      Name=xapmcs1Wire_Wind_Gust
      Field=a3B0000000179161DG1
      }
      Analog.9
      {
      Name=XAPMCS1WIRE_WIND_SPEED
      Field=a3B0000000179161DW
      }
      Analog.10
      {
      Name=xapmcsTemp0x_Anthem_Bedroom
      Field=a3B00080023C01110
      }

I am testing with MS SQL 2012 and at this point I am not sure if there is some sort of issue with the xapmcschart and this version. I will keep on testing hopefully I can resolve it if not I will try the W2k and see what happens. the xapmcsdatabase seems to be ok though.

Comment

What specific problem are you seeing?

Comment

What specific problem are you seeing?
          Hi Michael,

I got the xapmcschart talk to the SQL database now, but I am unable to chart graphs. I get the Now, Avg, Min and Max values but no graphs. The message I get is "No Items Selected for Line Graph". Do I need to install ChartDirector? I recall that this was needed for the mcsTemp.

Thanks
          Mark

Comment

Yes you need the VB6/ASP version of Chart Director installed. The one I have been using since 2009 is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/chartdir_com.exe. The message you get however is likely not related. Make certain your group name is not Default. At least until you get going chart only analog data and not switch/discrete data. Putting both on the same chart could cause the message you are seeing some cases.

Comment

Yes you need the VB6/ASP version of Chart Director installed. The one I have been using since 2009 is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/chartdir_com.exe. The message you get however is likely not related. Make certain your group name is not Default. At least until you get going chart only analog data and not switch/discrete data. Putting both on the same chart could cause the message you are seeing some cases.
              Thanks Michael, that was it. ChartDirector was missing and all is working now. Thank you for all your help.

Comment

Working...
              X