X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    All my xAP applications use mcsXap.ini to specify a LAN connection. If this connection is not in the list of enumerated NIC IP, or the file is not present, then the first enumeration IP is used.

127.0.0.1 is used for xAP to route data from the hub to the xap nodes on the same computer. Port 3639 is the UDP transmit port for all xAP nodes and 3639 is the receive port for the xAP hub.

What HS uses for their web server does not come into play directly and I do not know anything about how they manage the address.

The xAP plugin looks to have a debug output on startup where the IP being used is output.
    Thanks Michael,

I am still trying to figure this out. For whatever reason the HS3 seems to pick the none routable NIC as default and there seems to be no way to change it. I realize this has nothing to do with xAP but I do not understand why this is the case. All of my NIC binding order is right as well. I've noticed also the in Windows 8 firewall profiles declare loopback as public network. This is a bit of a problem as different rules are being applied to public network.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I will try to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    All my xAP applications use mcsXap.ini to specify a LAN connection. If this connection is not in the list of enumerated NIC IP, or the file is not present, then the first enumeration IP is used.

127.0.0.1 is used for xAP to route data from the hub to the xap nodes on the same computer. Port 3639 is the UDP transmit port for all xAP nodes and 3639 is the receive port for the xAP hub.

What HS uses for their web server does not come into play directly and I do not know anything about how they manage the address.

The xAP plugin looks to have a debug output on startup where the IP being used is output.

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    put your desired NIC settings in \Config\mcsXap.ini
    Hello Michael,

The mcsXap.ini already has the required NIC configuration in it but no luck. My config is identical to the one in Windows 7 box. Windows 7 works the other is intermittent. I though that the mcsXap.ini was only for the mcsHUB? The mcsHUB sees all traffic and it is on the right NIC.

After playing with it for a while I noticed that it is intermittent on Windows 8.1. It does not work more often than it does. I got lucky few times but there is no love by most part.

There is no particular pattern here. I've also noticed that HS3 is assuming the non-routable NIC as primary. Perhaps this has something to do with it. Do you know if there is a way to force HS3 to particular NIC. The NIC binding is not it, I've already tried. The Webserver is on the right NIC so HS3 seems to be fine as is.

I force the right binding order in Windows 8 Adapter Settings to make sure the default NIC has the gateway on it. The management NIC is always secondary and this is where all my xAP devices reside.

So the question remains, is there a way for me to check what is the address that mcsXap plugin is using? Is there another reason why it would not pickup the settigns in the ini's?

I am scratching my head trying to figure this one out.

Thanks
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    put your desired NIC settings in \Config\mcsXap.ini

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    started a topic mcsXap HS3 with 2 NIC's

mcsXap HS3 with 2 NIC's

Hello Michael,

Looks like I have a problem with mcsXap running in Windows 8.1 with multiple NIC's in the system. I am not sure if this is Windows 8.1 thing as I had it all working fine in Windows 7. I've applied the following lines in the mcsXapSettigns.ini and also have the same line in mcsXap

[Interface]
    InterfaceAddress=x.x.x.x
    Broadcast=x.x.x.x

I can not see any traffic xAP traffic unless I go to single NIC.

Any assistance would be as always greatly appreciated.

Mark
Working...
X