Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsHub problem

Hi Michael,

Over the last month or so I got a strange problem. The problem seems to be with xapmcsHub. I am running version 1.2.4.

Essentially what happens is the HUB activity screen is completely blank after about 4 or so hours after restarting. I can not control any of the XAP devices from HS3 when the screen is blank and the status does not change in the HS3. Strangely enough all of the events seem to function without a hitch with exception of the status change.

Do you know what could be causing this or should I be using the .net version of the xapmcsHub ?

I also have two other standalone XAP collector systems that run the XAP apps and the xapmcsHub runs fine there. It is only stopping on the HS3 system. I thought that something went wrong with that VM so I built another just with the XAP devices and the xapmcsHub but the behavior was exactly the same.

All systems are running Windows 8.1

Can you provide me with some guidance or how to resolve this?

Best Regards
    Mark

I suggest using one of the xFx hubs that are all .net. My .net hub was developed so I could run on Linux and it does not have nearly the maturity of Edward's.

Comment

Thank you.
      Last edited by marekd1; November 17, 2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

unable to install xfx hub

Not sure where to post this, but this thread is close.

I am trying to setup a HS3 machine on a Win7 64bit PC. When I try and install the xFx-express hub, the .msi package works for several seconds, then ends with a dialog box that says "Error 1001: Input string was not in a correct format". Any idea what is causing this error? Is this program not compatible with Win7 64bit? I need xap for my installation, so what are my options?

Comment

Originally posted by caustin View Post
          Not sure where to post this, but this thread is close.

I am trying to setup a HS3 machine on a Win7 64bit PC. When I try and install the xFx-express hub, the .msi package works for several seconds, then ends with a dialog box that says "Error 1001: Input string was not in a correct format". Any idea what is causing this error? Is this program not compatible with Win7 64bit? I need xap for my installation, so what are my options?
          I am running the xFx hub with 64Bit Windows 8 and it works fine. Make sure you have .net components installed.

Comment

Thanks. I have .NET 4.5.1 installed, as well as C++ 2008-2013 distributions. Any other dependancies that I need? I am also running Fire Demon Pro and vmware player to virtualize and create service versions of programs I am running.

Comment

I cannot help with the xFx hub, but I would think that if you have the xFx Message Viewer then then hub should install too. If you cannot make progress then the attached may work for you. It is .NET 2 and runs on Linux or Windows.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X