Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapWOL multiple subnets

Hello Michael,

I was wondering if there is a way to have the WOL app scan multiple subnets. If so what would I need to change in the config?

Regards
    Mark

I added the support and test for two subnets to confirm logic, but I have devices only one subnet on my network. It has been posted at the same location as identified in the library. The third octet can not be specified with new text box at the top of the page.

Comment

Thank you Michael, I will give it a try and post the results.

I tried to download the new file but the link does not seem to work.

Comment

There was a typo in the domain name of the URL. Try again.

Comment

Hello Michael,

I tried the new version and no luck. It seems that there is no listing for devices from non-native subnet. When I just try single subnet there is also no listing of devices. I see that you completely changed the process as there are no longer text files being generated so I can't check if the devices showup in the text log.

Are you discovering using Ping? If you are also using ARP to get MAC this will not work as the other subnet is behind the router and no MAC address is being passed cross subnets.

The native subnet works with no issues.

Not sure if there is anything you want me to try. I also do not want to waste your time, this is something that would be nice to have in a single tool but I can get this done via other utils.

Regards
          Mark

Comment

The files are now in C;\Temp or whatever drive you are running from. There should be a .log file for each subnet processed. The .bat files are there too. I did this to assure file protection for storing in \Program Files would be overcome.

Comment

Hi Michael

Finally got around to test this. It did not work at first as there was no c:\temp. After I created the c:\temp all worked fine.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X