Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux and Windows Communications Issues

Good afternoon,

I am having a few issues with the network communications with the plugin, when I am in the windows version of the plugin I can see the HS3 Windows devices, and also the HS3 Linux in the drop down box, and when I create devices these are updated from the linux machine no problems.

Using the message viewer I can also see messages coming out of the HS3 Linux, and the HS3 Windows machines.

The issue is around the linux machine, for some reason I am not getting messages received into the linux machine.

I suspect this is a firewall issue, but which ports should I be opening on the linux HS3 server to let XAP messages into the linux HS3 plugin?

Many Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Do you have an xap hub running on your linux machine? If is responsibe for routing port 3639 messages sent to that computer to all the xap applicaitons that are running on the same computer.

Comment

I only have one app running on the linux machine, which is the mcsxap app, this routes across the network to my windows hs3 machine and the general network.

I can see messages coming from the linux machine to the windows, but the incoming messages to the linux machine appear to be blocked.

I did notice that when the app (on linux starts up) it says this:

Feb-28 10:06:22 PM mcsXap Using xAP port 41917

or a different port, is there any way to make it use the same port as I am wondering if there is a firewall issue on the linux machine that is blocking it, and if I set it as an allowed port, it just changes the next time around.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Port 3639 is used for xAP. mcsXap does not listen on port 3639. This port is reserved so the xAP hub can bind to it and listen for xAP traffic. You need to install a xAP hub on your Linux computer if you want that computer to be able to receive xAP messages. mcsXap will transmit to port 3639, but it only listens on localhost with a negotiated port with the xAP hub. In your specific example it is listening on 41917, but that will change depending upon port that are in use at any given time.

Comment

Thanks for your help, working great now that I have it running with the hub .

Comment

Working...
          X