mcsAdiOcelot doesn't keep all my I/O points enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsAdiOcelot doesn't keep all my I/O points enabled

Would anyone know why mcsAdiOcelot doesn't keep I/O Points 8 through 15 enabled in the GUI Setup screen (shown below) on my first SECU-16I module? I need to manually enable these I/O points every time after mcsAdiOcelot starts up. Many thanks for any help.
    Ted
    Attached Files

Take a look at \Config\mcsxapADIOcelot.ini (may be xapmcsADIOcelot depending up version you are using) to determine if the IO point information is being saved. There will be a section [PLUGINDEVICES] that will contain one line for each defined device. For the IO point it will look something like the following

[5=_5;HVAC W2 Heat;Applied Digital Ocelot;0;1!11!4!0;16;Interface I/O;2;1;9/8/2014 2:00:36 AM;;;False

Of particular interest is if you have any lines starting with [9 through [16 since these are your device codes for your first 16I module. If they are missing then the issue is with saving. If they are present then issue is with restoring.

It may also help if you attach the file referenced above to help with debugging.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      It may also help if you attach the file referenced above to help with debugging.
      Here's the file. Hmm, looking at it myself I see it seems inconsistent. Some lines start with "[xx=Ocelot;" followed by the CMax System Map name. But other lines start with "[xx=Secu16i Unit 3;" based on a standard naming convention. Looks like I may have messed things up somehow between synchronizing with CMax System Map and with using the "Create and Delete I/O point devices"? I just checked my mcsXap setup page in HS3 and see that all of the accepted messages start with the Ocelot:CMax System Map name. Should I edit the config file? Or is there a better way to fix?
      Thanks for the help!
      Ted
      Attached Files

Comment

It has been along time since I last looked at this. I think the system map is only cosmetic, but I forget. When can look at it later.

The attached has debug data that shows that internal information about the point checkboxes. The output will be in \Data\xapmcsADIOcelot\xapmcsADIOcelot.txt. Start the program, open the GUI and then exit out. The debug can then be posted.
        Last edited by Michael McSharry; December 13, 2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I ran the debug version of the program, opened the GUI, rechecked I/O Points 8 through 15 to enable them, and then exit the program. Attached is the debug file from \Data\xapmcsADIOcelot\xapmcsADIOcelot.txt
          Thanks again,
          Ted
          Attached Files

Comment

The attached should fix the issue. Please confirm.
            Last edited by Michael McSharry; December 13, 2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

This version works great! Many thanks!!!

Ted

Comment

Working...
              X