Device Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Updates

Hi, I am in the process of migrating from HS2 to HS3 working through the various plugin conversions. I have loaded mscxap and it seems to be retrieving the devices from the hub but does not update the HS3 devices.

I am running xfx hub service (V1.2) and see the messages coming in;

xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF.4001:00
    class=Weather.Report
    source=wd.foreman-wd.weather
    }
    Weather.Report
    {
    tempf=63.4
    utc=9:13 pm
    tempc=17.4
    icon=
    date=20160327
    windm=3
    windk=0
    airpressure=1013.9
    winddirc=NW
    humidity=52
    rain=0.0
    extratemp1=47.8
    extratemp2=255.0
    extratemp3=6.1
    extrahum1=-100
    extrahum2=-100
    extrahum3=-100
    }

The plugin mscxap (V3.0.0.58) shows the xap message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mscxap.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1209211

The created Devices are not showing any values or updates after they have been initially created:

Name:	device.jpg
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1209212

I am sure this is just a configuration step I am missing so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stan

I am not familiar with the weather.report. Is this a plugin? What is controlling it. I use the xAPmcsHub. It definitely works with the HS3 plugin.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

The data coming in is from another PC on the network that is running Weather Display. This is connected to my weather station.

I am running the xFx Hub since I had problems getting xapmcshub to work.

Comment

I looked at the source and weather.report is intended to be supported. Tomorrow I will take a look at my setup and compare with your message to see what I learn.

Comment

Originally posted by sforeman00 View Post
          The data coming in is from another PC on the network that is running Weather Display. This is connected to my weather station.

I am running the xFx Hub since I had problems getting xapmcshub to work.

I also had trouble getting xAPmcsHub to run on Windows 7 and 10. But it works fine if you run it in "XP compatibility mode".

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Weather.Report decoder is expecting a station code in the header while your only group header is Weather.Report. I updated it to allow the generic as you used. Version 3.0.0.59 uploaded.

Comment

Hi Michael, i installed the new code and am now getting an error trying to start it. I tried uninstalling, restarting, etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1184185

Comment

I suspect I have the connection address hardcoded to my setup. I updated 3.0.0.60 and made certain the address is localhost

http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsXap_3_0_0_60_HS3.zip

Comment

Hi Michael, it is now communicating. I appreciate your help on this.

I was wondering if you could make a couple of adjustments?

Could you adjust the tempf from 2 chars to 4? example "73" to "73.3".
                  utc is pulling just the 1st character.
                  Could you adjust Airpressure to include the decimal 1009.0
                  All devices created do not include the actual field name ie. tempc.
                  Is there a way to include a device that stores the last xap message update date/time for the record?

I know these are a lot of requests.

sample data below;

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1184204

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1184205

Thanks for your help!

Stan

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1184206

Comment

The device formatting and naming is controlled through the device management page of HS3. Are you looking for the time of the last xAP message or are you looking for the time of the last update of a HS3 device done by mcsXap? You are able to select heartbeat messages and I believe the last update time will reflect the time of the last heartbeat received from a specific node. I think this node can be a hub to give you a somewhat single node update of xAp traffic overall.

Comment

Hi Michael, basically I am trying to replicate what I was doing in HS2.

Name:	Capture (2).PNG
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1184297

This would create the devices in the following format: Notice that Temp is "52.5".

Name:	Capture2 (2).jpg
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1184298

The last change on each device was the last updated D/T even if the value did not change. I liked this since these xap messages were produced more often than the heartbeat.

Thanks,
                      Stan

Comment

Like I indicated before, all the device formatting is controlled in the Device Management page native to HS3. This level of device formatting was not available in HS2. It needs to be used to format the xAP display characteristics, the name and the location. You have more control now thatnyou had with HS2, but you also have more work to set it up.

The DeviceLastChange property is managed by HS3. It may be possible to overwrite it, but keeping consistent behavior among plugins takes priority in my mind. What do you actually do with the contents of DeviceLastChange? What other means are available to achieve what you desire?

Comment

Ok, now I understand what you are saying. I am new to HS3 so I didn't grasp the change from HS2. Now I will just have to figure out how to format it the way I want in HS3.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Michael, i noticed that only numeric values are being displayed by the devices. Is there a format setting that i need to apply to the device to see alphanumeric data? For example; Wind Direction

xap-header
                            {
                            v=12
                            hop=1
                            uid=FF.4001:00
                            class=Weather.Report
                            source=wd.foreman-wd.weather
                            }
                            Weather.Report
                            {
                            tempf=63.4
                            utc=9:13 pm
                            tempc=17.4
                            icon=
                            date=20160327
                            windm=3
                            windk=0
                            airpressure=1013.9
                            winddirc=NW
                            humidity=52
                            rain=0.0
                            extratemp1=47.8
                            extratemp2=255.0
                            extratemp3=6.1
                            extrahum1=-100
                            extrahum2=-100
                            extrahum3=-100
                            }

Comment

The assumption is displayed test is delivered via cap in Di splayText key. What I can do is put non-numeric data from xap in HS3 De viceString if no Di splayText key is delivered. Normally I would expect WeatherRel org to deliver the angle as a number so it is Numeric and can fit inside the HS float DeviceValue

Comment

Working...
                              X