InterfaceStatus Warning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InterfaceStatus Warning...

Michael, I installed HS3 mcsXAP (3.0.0.59) today. When I enabled it, it took an unusually long time to initialize and when it finished, the Plugin Status on the Installed Plug-ins page has the following message:
    WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from mcsXap - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

The log file does not show any errors and only shows:
    Apr-04 02:02:45 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsXap

Further, mcsXAP does not show in the Manage Plug-ins drop-down.

I have tried it with and without the HSPI_MCSXAP.exe.config file in the HS3 root folder, and with and without System.Data.SQLite.dll copied to the HS3 folder.

I am running HS2 Pro and HS3 Pro (3.0.0.258) on the same Windows 8.1 machine and have the mcsXap plug-in running fine on HS2, with your XAP Hub and xapmcs1Wire. What do you suggest?

Thanks
    Gary
    Last edited by Kbevo; April 7, 2016, 04:09 PM. Reason: Remove Image

I am running HS3 under W10 so it should be same as 8.1. I download the .059 plugin and had no issues with the startup. See if the database is created \Data\mcsXap.db. See if the config file is created \Config\mcsXapSettings.ini. I pulled the SQLite files from my computer and attached here. Put them in the HS3 folder. If the config file exists then edit the debug key to see if anything appears during startup to give hints.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      See if the database is created \Data\mcsXap.db. See if the config file is created \Config\mcsXapSettings.ini.
      Neither of the two files were created.

I pulled the SQLite files from my computer and attached here. Put them in the HS3 folder. If the config file exists then edit the debug key to see if anything appears during startup to give hints.
      I put your two files in the HS3 folder (neither existed previously) and restarted HS3. I then enabled the plugin and still have the same Plug-in status warning. And again, the two files referenced above were not created even though the log still shows:
      <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-05 12:02:32 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Finished initializing plug-in mcsXap

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>This testing seems to have in some way also affected UltraGCIR3, as that plugin is no longer initializing properly (also working that issue). I didn't make any changes to that plug-in config so I am at a loss to even guess what possible relationship there may be, but I thought I would pass that information along in case it impacts your thoughts on next steps.

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

Also...

Also an FYI, a search on my system for sqllite.dll shows the following, if that suggests anything:
        Last edited by Kbevo; April 7, 2016, 04:10 PM. Reason: Remove Image

Comment

Give the attached a try. It will put up a message box to which you will need to click ok. This shows there is a connection between the plugin and HS3. It is also possible I have the connection address hardcoded on what I uploaded. I know it is correct with the attached.

The same file without the msgbox is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsXap_3_0_0_60_HS3.zip
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Michael McSharry; April 5, 2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

No Joy...

Michael, I put the debug version in the HS3 root, restarted HS3, enabled the mcsXAP plugin but never received the OK message box. The warning is still there. Nothing created in either of the two subdirectories. What, in my HSx environment might prevent the connection to HS3? Clearly, whatever it is, the other 3 plugins are not having the same issue as mcsXAP (and probably UltraGCIR3).

I have attached a copy of the startup log, up to the part where the mcsXAP initialization message appears, if it helps any.

Thanks
            Gary
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Kbevo; April 7, 2016, 04:11 PM. Reason: Remove Image

Comment

Forget that prior message...

After further review, hidden behind another window I found this message box after posting the above message.

Additionally, in the log:
              <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-06 12:24:40 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Info </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Plugin mcsXap with instance: has disconnected </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-06 12:24:40 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Initializing plug-in(1): mcsXap Instance::InitHW Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-06 12:24:40 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsXap </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>InitHW Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-06 12:24:40 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsXap </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>MakeTable Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-06 12:24:40 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsXap </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>MakeTable Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-06 12:24:40 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsXap </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Version 3.0.60 Registered with Homeseer </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-06 12:24:40 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Info </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Plugin mcsXap has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49591 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
              It seems to be a sqllite issue. The sqllite.dll you attached previously is still in the HS3 root. What should I do next?

Gary
              Last edited by Kbevo; April 7, 2016, 04:11 PM. Reason: Remove Image

Comment

Further...

About a year ago, I installed a version of SQLLite thinking I needed it for my HS3 install. The Programs and Features shows:
                System.Data.SQLlite v1.0.94.0 (ReleaseNativeOnly) Publisher System.Data.SQLite Team Installed 2/4/2015.

I never have been sure it was needed or used anywhere, but wanted to mention it just in case it impacts this issue any. The only sqllite.dll's on my system are those shown in post #4 above.

Gary

Comment

Sucess! ..but Strange, very Strange...

I downloaded the version of mcsXAP that did not have the message box. I reinstalled all the files in that download, putting them all in the HS3 root. When I restarted HS3 (it was already enabled), mcsXAP came up fine, no warning and no errors in the log. I now have the Manage mcsXAP in the plugins. Have no idea what the change was that made the initialization right. I did notice that the sqllite.dll in that download had a later date and different size than the one previously. Perhaps that was it.

So, I will try and get the devices setup in HS3 and go from there. Thanks for your help.

Gary

Comment

Devices Not Updating...

Michael, I guess I need some guidance here. I tried following the guide to get things setup. I selected some sensor ".state" items and checked the "A" box and clicked the "Refresh/Rebuild" button. The seven items checked were added as HS3 devices as expected. However, the updated values do not show anywhere as far as I can tell. What did I do wrong (or not do)?

Thanks
                    Gary

Screen Captures:
                    Last edited by Kbevo; April 10, 2016, 05:18 PM. Reason: Removed Image

Comment

The .state will be ON and OFF so likely will be 100/0 in DeviceValue
                      The .text will normally be numeric values such as 12.3 and will be stored in DeviceValue
                      The .level will be like .text but will have a max range
                      The .displaytext will be HTML formatted ready for display and will be stored in DeviceString

It is likely you will want to select .text items to be used as values in HS3 devices. In HS2 there was a DeviceStatus that mapped into the xAP .state but HS3 depreciated it.

The process of selecting checkboxes under "A"ccpet is correct to cause HS3 devices to be created. When a new .state=, .text=, .level=, or .displaytext= value is received via xAP the corresponding value will be set in HS3 DeviceValue of the created device. DeviceString also gets updated if it was part of the xAP Message.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                        The .state will be ON and OFF so likely will be 100/0 in DeviceValue
                        The .text will normally be numeric values such as 12.3 and will be stored in DeviceValue...
                        Michael, I am still not getting it. I changed the status devices to .text but they are still not showing any values like the corresponding device does in HS2 (see screen captures below). Further the relays are not showing the ON/OFF state either, nor will the ON/OFF buttons change the state of the relays.

Guidance greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Gary
                        Last edited by Kbevo; April 10, 2016, 05:18 PM. Reason: Removed Image

Comment

I have a problem...

Upon further research, it appears xapmcs1Wire is getting errors and has been since 3/15/2016. The error is:
                          False 4/10/2016 04:17:27 PM | 4/10/2016 04:17:27 PM | xapmcs1Wire SetAdapterPort=COM7, Err#=5,Err Desc=1-Wire Net not available Line 126 1-Wire Net not available

Do you have any insight into this error? Is it a com port issue, a bad sensor on the network, a (hobby board) hub issue, or other? Prior to that error, I was getting:
                          False 3/14/2016 12:01:53 AM | 3/14/2016 12:01:53 AM | xapmcs1Wire Sensor EF00080104242910 (Attic Temperature-20) 1-Wire Adapter communication exception at 320

Thanks
                          Gary

Comment

Bad Sensor...

Ok, I think it is working now. I eliminated the Attic sensor and values seem to be coming through once again. I guess I will need to order another HB Temp sensor, if they are still in business.

Thanks,
                            Gary

Comment

Another issue...

Michael, I am afraid another SQLite.dll issue has come up. As mentioned above, when I installed mcsXap and put your version of SQLite.dll in the HS3 root, my UltraGCIR3 plugin stopped working. It turns out that now that plugin is getting this error (see this post):

/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Informational~~!~~UltraGCIR3 version 3.0.5857.37252 initializing...
                              4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Error~~!~~System.IO.FileNotFoundException
                              4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Error~~!~~System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                              File name: 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139'
                              at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.Database.InitializeMainDatabase()

The suggestion put forth, was for the plugin authors to have a config option to point to a/their subdirectory for their SQLite.dll version. What do you think? Suggestions?

Thanks
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X