No announcement yet.

InterfaceStatus Warning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started including the .config file to address some issues such as this. It has been too long since I did this and would take some research as to what the characteristics of this file were. Do you have specific recommendation?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      I started including the .config file to address some issues such as this. It has been too long since I did this and would take some research as to what the characteristics of this file were. Do you have specific recommendation?
      Actually Sparkman made a suggestion starting at post #17 on this thread:
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180829

I tried to modify your config to point to a bin\mcsXAP which I created, and moved the Mono.Data.Sqlite.dll, and the sqlite3.dll files to that subdirectory. It still received the SQL not found error so I may have done something wrong. After that I removed mcsXAP to get GCIR3 to work. Unfortunately, now I am having trouble with mcsXAP on HS2 so my 1Wire is completely dead.

If you could, research this config process and ensure that it does in fact work if you place the version dependent modules in its own subdirectory. It seems like the other folks using SQL this way are placing the SQLite.Interop.dll and the System.Data.SQLite.dll modules in the subdirectory. mcsXAP is the only one I have seen that use the Mono and SQLite3.dll named modules.

Let me know what you find/think, please.
      Gary

Comment

I took your guidance and put the files in \Bin\mcsXap. Also added the .config file from Sparkman post. Constructed it in the file structure to allow unzip to the correct locations. Filename is still the same http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsXap_3_0_0_60_HS3.zip

For testing I removed the SQLite files from HS3 root. The ones in \Bin had to be retained as HS3 uses them. The .interopt may be the same as my sqlite3.dll, but I know mine works so did not want to assume. mcsSprinklers uses the mono version because it was the first application I ported to Linux and back in the early days the Windows version of it did not work under Linux. With mcsXap I use the same System.Data file so I could likely do it with mcsSprinklers too, but never tried.

Comment

To be clear...

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I took your guidance and put the files in \Bin\mcsXap. Also added the .config file from Sparkman post. Constructed it in the file structure to allow unzip to the correct locations.
          Michael, couple questions about your zip file. I downloaded and unzipped it and I have a file named HSPI_MCSXAP.exe.config.txt. Shouldn't that be HSPI_MCSXAP.exe.config (without the .txt)? Also I did not find the SQL files. Are you expecting a manual move of those files to the \Bin\mcsXAP subdirectory?

Thanks
          Gary
          Last edited by Kbevo; April 13, 2016, 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Any guidance on the questions in the above post, before I give the new mcsXAP another try?

Thanks
            Gary

Comment

A couple issues and I learned something about Windows 10. In earlier versions looking at file properties one could see the file type/extension. With W10 it is now fully separated so when I stored it from Notepad I was unaware the .txt was added. I also learned that the interop dll was associated with the system.data version while sqllite3 was associated with the mono. In my prior testing I still had the exe.config file that I saw only as .exe in W10 explorer so it was able to find the interopt dll in the \bin folder. Everything should be cleaned up now in the same file name as previously uploaded.

Comment

Seems to work fine!

Michael, that distribution seems to work fine so far. My experience is limited since one of my temperature sensors and now my relay board seems to have died. I was able to order a replacement for my Hobby Board Temperature sensor, but it seems they no longer make a relay board. Do you have any recommendations for a 1Wire relay that is compatible with your software? Hopefully one that will work with the Hobby Board Hub.

Thanks for all your help,
                Gary

Comment

Michael, I am trying to trouble-shoot a Hobby Board Hub and/or Relay HW problem I'm having and need some guidance on the meaning of the xapmcs1Wire polling indicators (see image below). Basically what I need to know is what does the green, amber, red dots represent?

Relay 1 and 2 are both closed at the relay and do not update at all so I am guessing that either the hub is preventing anything to get to the relay, or the relay has gone bad and not responding. The Hub itself has a continuous "red" light on Channel 3, whether anything is plugged into channel 3 or not (see image below). Any thoughts?

Comment

My memory of xapmcs1wire status indication is that red is indicated when the sensor has not responded to a polling request in something like two intervals. If the interval is 0 as in you top ones then I would expect red status. The on/off status is only expected to update when there is a successful communication.

There is a serial IO page or similar low level communication log that is available. It shows the control of the hub channels and it shows the communication with the end point devices. This is where I would start to see what is happening. If you show this for a couple sensor polling intervals then I may be able to help you diagnose.

HobbyBoards had sold the hub based upon a DS2409 switching device. I think it was discontinued and then they made another that they currently sell using their proprietary protocol. I believe one of the last things I did with xapmcs1Wire was to implement the new hub's low level protocol. I think the 6 channel one is the older and cannot be replaced, but my memory could be wrong as it may have been 8 originally and 6 now.

Relays are normally interfaced with DS2405, DS2406 or DS2408. The DS2408 is an 8 channel device so there are many configurations with some combination of Inputs and Outputs. HobbyBoards has tended to develop using their proprietary devices so likely a relay from them will not be supported by xapmcs1wire. MidonDesign (Temp05/Temp08 fame) should still have one with is a 2 channel device built around a DS2406. Going with the DS2406-based design will give you the least problems when trying to interface with xapmcs1Wire.

Comment

Thanks much Michael, as always, you have been a big help.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                      X