Value vs Percentage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value vs Percentage

Hi Michael, as you know I'm running the C-Bus protocol interfaced with Kevin's gateway and using mcsXap to interface to HS3.

I'm using the Amazon Echo to control the devices, but echo only supports dime percentages, which the xAmp devices take a value from 0-255 for their dim level. Right now, if I ask the Echo to set the level 50%, it sets the device to a value of 50, rather than 255 * 0.5 = 128.

Is this something that could be addressed via the plugin or would this be a HST feature that would need to take the device value range and set the value according to the percentage calculation?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

I am not familiar with the automation interface of Echo. I assume Echo gets 50 into HS and then mcsXap sends the text=50 to xAP C-Bus gateway.

xAP protocol does support the level=50/100 or level=128/255. I would need to look at mcsXap to see what provisions were made for this in HS3. I know I had some interaction with Kevin to get his gateway and mcsXap/HS2 playing nicely together. Before I look, I first want to make certain of the architecture you have setup and what you need to have to make it work the way you want.

Comment

The more I look at this the more it looks like a HS3 issue. If I tell echo to set a device to a level of 50% it seems to be setting the absolute level rather than calculating a percentage. The xap plugin responds correctly by sending on the absolute value to the xap network. The devices you create obviously have a controluse VSPair or they would not be available to the Echo at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Working...
      X