This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsVoice - Speech / Voice Recognition xAP Node

xap application for remote voice operations including TTS and VR. Supports xap.Voice schema.

1.1.0 Recompiled / Reposted
    1.1.1 Removed run only in 2005 limit
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 21, 2006, 10:31 PM.

Moving here, more appropriate I beleive.

Thanks, that did the trick. I downloaded the recompiled version and it loaded, started and created config and data folders. CID is announcing again!.

Now off to figure out remote VR.

SteveD

Comment

You will need to email/private message me with your email address. I know James' xap plugin does not support VR. I'll email you one that will.

Comment

Hi Michael,
        I just wanted ask if your xap voice app supports sapi4 vr engines. The reason I'm asking is that I would like to use the dragon dictate vr engine instead of the default microsoft one. I find vr using dragon dictate to be very accurate but unfortunately it doesnt support sapi5 which means I cant use it with homeseer. I was hoping your xap voice might be an alternative.

Nick

Comment

Are the grammar files the same between the two versions? I know when I started with HS1.5 that SAPI4 was being used, but I was not setup with VR so I do know know if going to SAPI5 involved a changed in this area. I'm willing to look at the SAPI4 SDK, but there is no point if the grammar encoding is different.

I also have Dragon Systems V3.52 from many years ago on a CD, but I do not remember much about it.

Comment

"Are the grammar files the same between the two versions?"

tried searching google for the last hour and could'nt find anything re this, although I have to admit I'm not quite sure what I was looking for

"I know when I started with HS1.5 that SAPI4 was being used"

the good ol'days when I could use dragon dictate with HS, vr's been going down hill for me ever since.

Thanks for your time Michael, I'm not a programmer but please let me know if theres anything I could do that might help.

Nick

Comment

When you had to migrate from SAPI4 to SAPI5 did you have to change anything within HS like recreating your events. It has been too long for me to remember.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how I go about using this? How do I set up xAP on my box?

Dan

Comment

A variety of the posting in this thread have setup instructions. I think CM19A, UPB, Vaux, Script all have some form of instructions on how to setup for xAP. If you want Homeseer involved then you will also want to get the Homeseer plugin mcsXap from this thread. There are some screen shots in the discussion thread for mcsXap for the typical settings. After looking at these and if there are still questions then ask again.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
                    When you had to migrate from SAPI4 to SAPI5 did you have to change anything within HS like recreating your events. It has been too long for me to remember.
                    I don't recall having to change anything, the only difference after upgrading to sapi5 was that I no longer had the option of chosing between the microsoft and dragon systems vr engines, only the microsoft one was available.

Comment

xapmcsVoice won't start???

I've been using mcsVoice and xapCID to announce callers in my house for months. But it hasn't been working for a couple days, and it's because xapmcsVoice isn't starting. I have it in a startup group, and it used to start fine, but for some reason it's not now, even if I double click the icon directly. I've also tried starting it from a command line interface, and no dice. The obvious question - what have I changed? The only thing that's obvious to me is Windows security updates. I'm not using the "malicious software removal" tool. The baffling thing to me is that it doesn't even start - no process in the task manager, nothing. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks much!

Comment

It had a time stamp to run only in 2005. I removed it and reposted. V1.1.1.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
                          X