X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    From the top of this thread. There is a link to http://mcsXap (Net) http://mcsSprink...xapnet2310.zip.
    Some setup info can be found in the links at the discussion http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137399
    Post #17 of this thread also gives some setup guidance.

Leave a comment:

• hacrazy
    Guest replied
    mcsXap setup file

Where can I download the basic mcsXap program and are there instructions on installing and setting the program up?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mfisher
    replied
    No problem.
    v2.3.1.1 is now running.
    I'll let you know when the error pops up again.

--Edit--
    15Oct2009 - No issues yet...
    21Oct2009 - Still no failures.
    Last edited by mfisher; October 21, 2009, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I do not have a computer with HS2 on it now and the line number 10 reference spans quite a bit of code. Can you try with the attached to get more visibility into where the problem is
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mfisher
    replied
    Hmmm, a new error

mcsXap Version 2.3.86

At 12:35 today I received a notification (text message) due to an event triggered by xapMcs "not having received a xAP message from xapmsc1wire for more than 5 minutes."

Upon checking my HS server, I discovered this constant stream of log entries (I've included a couple of the entries prior to the failure for reference):
    Code:
    10/14/2009 11:32:32 AM ~!~DooNetwork Info~!~Network Office1 Computer is not connected
    10/14/2009 11:40:52 AM ~!~OCCUPANCY~!~ / / / / / / / / / / Occy Interior Motion set to "Vacant" - Occupied (01:35)
    10/14/2009 11:40:52 AM ~!~OCCUPANCY~!~ / / / / / / / / / / Occy Downstairs Motion set to "Vacant" - Occupied (00:26)
    10/14/2009 12:28:53 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:28:55 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:28:55 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:28:57 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:29:46 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:29:47 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:29:49 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:29:50 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:29:51 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    10/14/2009 12:29:51 PM ~!~mcsXap~!~ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0 Line 10 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    A restart of HS was required.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• mfisher
    replied
    Thank you for the clarification.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    There are three forms supported
    1. All xAP messages (blank)
    2. xAP messages from an address (x.y.z)
    3. xAP messages from an endpoint(x.y.z:a.b.c)

You will want form 2 with "mcs.onewire.homeseer"

Leave a comment:

• mfisher
    replied
    Using xapMcs event triggers

I'd like to create an event to inform me when either xapmcs1wire or the xAP hub stop functioning properly and it seems that using "Xap Event Trigger" is the ticket.

My xapmcs1wire device addresses look like this:
    PHP Code:
     mcs.onewire.homeseer:xapmcs1wire_.6100080154e84010.temperature 
    I am unclear on how to wildcard all addresses from xapmsc1wire for entry in the "From xAP Source Address" text box.

Is this how you would recommend doing this or is there a better method?

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    1. What do the D/R/A check-box columns represent in the plugin config page?
    Delete from database. If address shows up on xAP network then it will again show up in mcsXap
    Reject from display. Shows only on mcsXap when rejected devices are displayed
    Accept as device. Map xAP message content from this address to a HS virtual device

2. I have a number of "devices" (not sure if that's the right term) listed on the config page with varying "Source" descriptions.

UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:G01 - I gave this a device code, location and name and it reflects as a device in HS, and I can change the status of this device in HS to turn a light on/off

However, I also have a _lot_ of other "devices" discovered such as:
    UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:lighting.info:status.groupstate:group03
    UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:lighting.info:status.grouplevel:group03
    UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:G03:lighting.event:loadchange:action

These don't mean much to me and I'm not sure what they would be used for?
    These are from xAP message that do not use the xAPBSC class schema so they only map into HS devices as DeviceStrings. It may be useful if you want to see status information from these sources, but generally not a real good fit for Homeseer. These are termed "Raw" as no interpretation of the data is done by mcsXap such as is done with the xAPBSC schema that maps into DeviceStatus, DeviceValue and DeviceString of the HS devices.

3. I can turn the a Group (light) on/off/dim from HS, butI don't seem to get any status updates back if I use wall switches (as in, I don't seem to be getting bi-directional updates)
    This is one for Kevin as it seems to be related to the C-bus connector.

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    Michael thanks for the detailed description. I'm still struggling on a few points. Not being a xAP user nor expert, I'm looking to control my C-Bus lighting via Kevin's xAP to C-Bus gateway.

Using your plugin in HS, I seem to have managed to create devices in HS for most of my lighting groups. My questions are these:

1. What do the D/R/A check-box columns represent in the plugin config page?

2. I have a number of "devices" (not sure if that's the right term) listed on the config page with varying "Source" descriptions.

UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:G01 - I gave this a device code, location and name and it reflects as a device in HS, and I can change the status of this device in HS to turn a light on/off

However, I also have a _lot_ of other "devices" discovered such as:
    UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:lighting.info:status.groupstate:group03
    UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:lighting.info:status.grouplevel:group03
    UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:G03:lighting.event:loadchange:action

These don't mean much to me and I'm not sure what they would be used for?

3. I can turn the a Group (light) on/off/dim from HS, butI don't seem to get any status updates back if I use wall switches (as in, I don't seem to be getting bi-directional updates)

I'm sorry if I'm using poor terminology, and I know there is some overlap between where your plugin ends and where Kevin's gateway and assistance starts. Please let me know if I should be referring some of these questions to Kevin rather than you.

Edit:

Receive and Transmit BSC are both ticked.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The scripting interface has the following. The first of these is what you will want to use to send messages. If the parameters are not clear then post a message format that Kevin gives you then I can help map it into the calling parameters.

Code:
    '================ APPLICATION INTERFACE ==================

Public Sub SendXapMessage(sTarget As String, sClass As String, sSection As String, sData As String, Optional sSubaddress As String, Optional sUIDIn As String)
    Public Sub SendTCP(sIP As String, iPort As Long, sData As String)
    Public Sub RegisterXapCallback(sFile As String, sProcedure As String)
    Public Sub UnRegisterXapCallback(sFile As String, sProcedure As String)
    Public Function mcsXapAsp(RequestObject As Object, ResponseObject As Object) As String
    Public Function XapReceiveCollectionCount() As Long
    Public Function XapReceiveMessagesCount() As Long
    Public Function XapProcessedMesssagesCount() As Long
    Public Function XapSocket1State() As Long
    Public Function XapSocket2State() As Long
    Public Function pagetitle() As String
    I did an original concept document of Homeseer Over There when I started. It was posted on the old message board, but likely does not have much value now. I also did a setup guide for what I think was integration of xAP with mcsTemperature. It is at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113939. I also have descriptions of the setup for various xAP nodes in their respective manuals. I know I just did some work on the RFID and Spykee documents.

For a user that see mcsXap as a mechanism to make xAP an interface to HS then most of the settings go to the default. No passthrough will be used and may not even work under HS2. No need for Callback Event notifications. These send xAP messages based upon HS reported events. It will not be used in a normal environment. Most users will selecte the xapBSC transmit and receive as the schema. I also select the X10 ones because my X10 is via xAP rather than directly through HS. Speech/Voice will be unused as the HS user that wants SAPI will do it via HS. This is especially true now that HS has added the remote speaker.

The subaddress convention defaults to a scheme that is used for all the mcs xAP nodes. It makes for easier intergration of these nodes. This is usually fine for the HS user as they typically do not care. For the xAP-focused user they will typically have their own convention that more closely maps to the various HS device properties. Best to leave as default or pick another, but stay with whatever you choose as this becomes the device indentification on the xAP environment.

The events and triggers enable the Event page features provided by HS. The status pulse is used by other xAP nodes for failure management.

The Miscellaneous option of General Debug will likely be the only one used. The Disconnect is a way to disable the plugin. HS2 now provides this from their interfaces setup. The Writelog will cause the HS log to be replicated via xAP messages. Backup time is used only with xAP nodes that get their time clock externally.

To request other xAP nodes using xAPBSC schema to report their end point states use the BSC In row at the top of the page. To report the Homeseer device state of selected HS devices the use the BSC Out row. The RePopulate button on this row is used if you add a new HS device and what mcsXap to have visibility of it to be selected as a xAP sourced device. Normally mcsXap only looks at powerup for the HS devices.

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    Michael, is there any documentation about using mcsXap? I'm using it to connect to KEvin Hawkins C-Bus gateway. I've managed to get it to create devices in HS that represent my lighting groups, but with limited functionality (on, off, level). How do I go about writing scripts that can use mcsXap to send messages to the gateway?

Kevin has offered me some direction in how to create the message format, but I don't know how to access the mcsXap interface via a HS script. I have too many lights and scenarios to create mcsXap events for each eventuality.

Also, I have no idea what half of the incredibly detail setup page does - are there any docs?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    This is probably not worth much extra effort for my needs. I was considering using mcsSprinkler stand alone version on another PC and tying it into HS with Xap. Having Sprinkler talk to HS is not really critical, just a nice to have. So I'll probably just forego it for now. Thanks for trying.

Leave a comment:

• bdickhaus
    replied
    I am successfully running the hybrid plug-in on XP SP2, but I have not installed IE7. It could be that IE7 and/or XP SP3 are causing this.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I would like to help, but I do not know what else I can do. You are the first to report this problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X