X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    I have not used the folder share for any of my testing so I do not have good information on the timing for this mode of operation. I believe that those that use Jon00's scripts to build an image will typically use this mode of operation where the shared folder contains only one file and this file updated by Homeseer. This discussion identified that the file date needed to be changed for the frame to use it rather than the one in its cache. While I do not know, I suspect that the firmware will look at all of its sources for changes at the same polling interval, but this is only a guess.

The bottom line is that I do not think the Kodak frame can be used to display event information where you expect response times measured in seconds.
    Sorry to be late to the discussion, but I just stumbled on this exchange.

I've been using the Kodak frame with file sharing for some time. One of my uses is to overly the routine images with a message pane that displays alert messages of various kinds. I've also started using the same space to display now playing information from my music system.

In my experience, it only takes a few seconds from the time I store the updated image until the frame retrieves it. I have several images that cycle, each is displayed for 10 or 15 sec. The message pane is always updated on the next image change. I make no changes other than to store a new image with the same file name.

Leave a comment:

• bdickhaus
    replied
    Thanks, Michael, it was a permissions thing and adding the file path to the debug pointed me in the right direction. Here is the log entry:

12/4/2010 6:48:25 PM - mcs.Image.PRO100-0 - graphics save \\pro100-03\d\program files\xap\xapmcsimage\html\rssitem1_0.jpg a generic error occurred in gdi+. line 192 a generic error occurred in gdi+.

I don't have the drives shared at this point other than D$. I added a share called "D" for drive D and it started working.

And thanks also for the examples of how you use this. I'm going to dig into that later tonight.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I used you .ini file and had no problems after I changed the download site to
    Code:
    http://maps.weather.com/web/radar/us_sea_closeradar_large_usen.jpg
    What I did do is refresh the download to be current with what I am running. You can redownload and replace. I also added debug on the line 192 error to include the filename in the message it was trying to write. I suspect the target location may be the issue, or it could be that NewBitMap is null or something. Hard to guess at a "generic" error.

Code:
    192:            NewBitmap.Save(sFileOut, ImageFormat.Jpeg)
    For you reference I'm also attaching my current .ini file with some addresses and passwords x'd out. While it will not work very well on your system since you do not have the same xAP addressess etc, it does provide a reference. What works pretty well are the two .gif feeds for weather map to provide the time-lapsed display on the frame. For this you will want your frame to be set to redraw every 3 seconds which is the fastest it will do.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; December 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bdickhaus
    replied
    I got past the first problem, but now I have this one.

12/4/2010 10:58:17 AM | 12/4/2010 10:58:17 AM | xapmcsImage Graphics Save A generic error occurred in GDI+. Line 192 A generic error occurred in GDI+.

I originally tried this on my Pro100, then on a Windows 7 system. Same result. The RSS1.xml file is being created. If I copy and rename another graphic file into the HTML directory, the "feed" works.

Here is my ini file:

[GENERAL]
    AliasOnly=
    Background=Black
    Database=
    DebugLog=1
    DefaultHeight=480
    DefaultWidth=800
    DisableNewDevices=
    HeaderLinks=xapmcsImage\Links.htm
    HTTPPort=8026
    RSSFolder=C:\users\hs\xapHTML
    SegmentFilter1=""
    SegmentFilter10=""
    SegmentFilter11=""
    SegmentFilter12=""
    SegmentFilter2=""
    SegmentFilter3=""
    SegmentFilter4=""
    SegmentFilter5=""
    SegmentFilter6=""
    SegmentFilter7=""
    SegmentFilter8=""
    SegmentFilter9=""
    ServerURL=192.168.0.2:8026
    SQLSource=
    StyleSheet=xapmcsImage\StyleNoBody.css
    UseSQL=0
    [RSS_1]
    000100=Canvas;;;30;;
    000101=URL;;http://maps.weather.com/web/radar/us...ge_usen.jpg;;;
    000102=Crop;620;370;0;60;
    000103=Image;800;480;0;0;
    000105=;;;;;
    [RSS_2]
    000200=;;;;;
    000201=;;;;;
    000202=;;;;;
    000203=;;;;;
    000204=;;;;;
    000205=;;;;;
    000206=;;;;;
    000207=;;;;;
    000208=;;;;;
    000209=;;;;;
    000211=;;;;;

Bill

Leave a comment:

• bdickhaus
    replied
    Michael,

I finally got around to picking up one of the Kodak frames. There is something fundamentally wrong as I can't get a basic radar image to work (the example you have in your documentation). This is the debug output I get:

12/2/2010 7:57:01 PM - mcs.Image.CALADAN> - doimage image|800|480|0|0| line 0 object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/2/2010 7:57:13 PM - mcs.Image.CALADAN> - rss task=3, line=image line 0 object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/2/2010 7:57:26 PM - mcs.Image.CALADAN> - rss task=3, line=image line 0 empty path name is not legal.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Just an FYI -

Purchased the following touchscreen digital picture frame a few months back and just starting to play with it. I've requested root access from MFG.

Its very solid, has a VESA mount and both wireless and wired network access. MFG has provided source code / updates via their FTP server to "play with"

http://www.myshogo.com/page/9

Source code FTP:

ftp://rs2.realease.com/

The company is "in process" of releasing a new tablet.

http://www.realease.com/?page_id=215

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Nah, its better to keep the xap names the same as the DNS names.

Easy to monitor too with the xfx hub when xap names match device/server. It was me modifying the name of the HS server when I shouldn't be doing that.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    That is a problem with using names that are globally unique on the LAN. Not much that can be done about it other than some behind the scene editing for the old name. It is something that a tool could be developed to do just like an editor with global replace capability.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Did a "dumb" thing last night which caused some panic. I decided to modify the HS server name by one character. That shutdown all of the Xap devices (variables) that were mapped with the old HS server name; no updates or data. Renamed HS server to same old name and all of the Xap Devices came back.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Thanks Michael. I haven't tried the xapmcschart application yet. Will give it a try. Might move endeavor over to another PC that I am currently using some Xap apps on.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    My charts are made with xapmcsChart and that is what is needed to use the GRAPH activity in xapmcsImage. With mcsTemperature you will need to use the URL activity to make a HTTP request to mcsTemperature with the URL parameters setup to identify the chart that is being built. You will also need to identify the explicit path where mcsTemperature builds these under the HS HTML folder for the IMAGE activity to know where to find it. There was some discussion in the mcsTemperature forum about how to have mcsTemperature produce charts from HS events or other sources other than the mcsTemperature browser page.

The power consumtion charts are reasonably accurate. I show the accumulate wattage for the past 28 days factored by the average rate from power company. The other figure is the current consumption rate extrapolated for 28 days. We are on a 2-tier rate structure with monthly totals charged. I typically use 50% at the first tier rate and 50% at the second tier rate so I just use the average of these two for my calculation to place on the image on the frame. The monthly total is not a surprising number as we already know what it will be based upon past bills, but what gets the attention is the extrapolated rate when the lights/tv etc are all one.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    I want to first attempt to build an RSS page using live data then same attempt via the MCSTemperature DB. I keep adding to this DB so it really includes a lot lately. Great plugin Michael.

BTW are those graphs of electrical usage what you pay for electricity? I wish I could bring my electrical bills down to those levels in the MW. (200-400 plus these days)

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Hello Michael,

That was it. I am seeing XaP data now. Great stuff! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I think I have the mystery solved. There is a setting in the .ini file that was a leftover so my .ini had it, but yours does not. Edit your .ini file to add the entry
    ShowRaw=1

I will also update and repost the executable so you can just download it rather than making the edit as another option.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Here is the ini file and a gui picture:

[GENERAL]
    AliasOnly=
    Background=Black
    DebugLog=1
    DefaultHeight=480
    DefaultWidth=800
    DisableNewDevices=
    HeaderLinks=xapmcsImage\Links.htm