RSFindMyDevice Stopped Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSFindMyDevice Stopped Reporting

About two weeks ago, February 8 or 9, this plug-in stopped reporting properly. The error log comes back with the following for each of the two iCloud accounts:

Code:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of
     an object. at iCloudServices.FindMyPhoneService.PostWithData(String url, 
    String postString) at iCloudServices.FindMyPhoneService.Post_RefreshClients() at
     iCloudServices.FindMyPhoneService.Update(Int32 refreshAttempt) at 
    iCloudServices.FindMyPhoneService.Refresh()
    The PI communicates logs in to iCloud properly (I get an email from Apple security) and my Google API key appears to be valid but when I check the Google API dashboard it looks like all activity died on Feb 8 or 9.

Really stumped on this one.

Current Date/Time: 2/22/2017 7:26:54 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 23 Hours 42 Minutes 23 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.2.111
    Number of Devices: 359
    Number of Events: 139
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.2.0.5: APCUPSD
    2.0.56.0: BLDSC
    2.0.11.0: BLiTunes
    2.0.3.0: BLMarantz
    1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
    3.0.21.28949: Blue-Iris
    1.1.2.0: Device History
    3.0.1.10: HCS2
    3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    1.0.2.6: RSFindMyDevice
    3.0.0.57: weatherXML
    3.0.1.93: Z-Wave
    Regards,
    Chris
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.531 Shuttle XS36VL Atom PC - Win 7 Pro 32 / HCSII / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 651 devises & 154 events
    Plug-Ins: APCUPSD / BLDSC / BLiTunes / BlueIris / BLMarantz / BLShutdown / Device History / HCS2 / Insteon / Jon00 Network Monitor / Jon00 DB Charting / PHLocation2 / WeatherXML / Z-Wave

Apple changed their security requirements on February 8. Read this post under Paul's excellent PHLocation plug-in.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

RSFindMyDevice and Feb 8th Apple Security Change

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Apple changed their security requirements on February 8. Read this post under Paul's excellent PHLocation plug-in.
      Wow...and crap. Thanks for that info Randy.

Given that Rhsoft doesn't seem to be supporting this PI it would appear that the party's over on this one.

You wouldn't happen to know if PHLocation reports back battery levels?

Many thanks, appreciate you having taken the time reply to myself and that other fellow as well.
      Regards,
      Chris
      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.531 Shuttle XS36VL Atom PC - Win 7 Pro 32 / HCSII / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 651 devises & 154 events
      Plug-Ins: APCUPSD / BLDSC / BLiTunes / BlueIris / BLMarantz / BLShutdown / Device History / HCS2 / Insteon / Jon00 Network Monitor / Jon00 DB Charting / PHLocation2 / WeatherXML / Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by CeeTee View Post
        Wow...and crap. Thanks for that info Randy.

Given that Rhsoft doesn't seem to be supporting this PI it would appear that the party's over on this one.

You wouldn't happen to know if PHLocation reports back battery levels?

Many thanks, appreciate you having taken the time reply to myself and that other fellow as well.
        It does report battery levels. It has been very reliable for us and Paul has made some great improvements lately. The mapping is recently going through some changes and is very good, but there is much more on the horizon.

For us PHLocation with native iOS support for location and GeoFency for fencing has been bulletproof. There are two plug-ins that I really count on and that really expand the value of HomeSeer - PHLocation and Spud's Easy Trigger.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          It does report battery levels. It has been very reliable for us and Paul has made some great improvements lately. The mapping is recently going through some changes and is very good, but there is much more on the horizon.

For us PHLocation with native iOS support for location and GeoFency for fencing has been bulletproof. There are two plug-ins that I really count on and that really expand the value of HomeSeer - PHLocation and Spud's Easy Trigger.

Thanks Randy.
          I'll give PHL a try.
          I used RSF mostly to report iPhone and iPad battery levels. For example when either my wife or I entered the house and disarmed the alarm, HS3 would inform us, via voice through intercom, of a number of variables such as how many times the phone rang, when the house was last armed, temp, humidity and iPh/iPd battery levels. It helped avoid forgetting to charge.
          Cheers,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X