Coming Soon! MeiUnifi!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    All I had planned on putting more work into this today but while I was feeling fine Friday night, I went South again the next day. I've had no voice and I still have to travel to Tampa tomorrow for work. I'll address some of the recent issues tomorrow night hopefully.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    No rush here...

Comment

• Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
      Thanks.

I only have one site. But I moved my Controller from a Docker to a Cloud Key. You cannot import to "Default" and you cannot delete it, so the Default site on my Controller is just a shell, not an actual site.
      Gotcha. Well get it fixed either way. It just might take some data logging and dumps to figure it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks,
      Frank

Comment

• sirmeili ,
        Can you add the option of entering known client (WiFi Devices) names so when saved can be shown as present or missing from the network because that would have been as the main objectives. (Presence Detection)
        Right now what we have Client Count. And the Devices only applies to Ubiquiti devices.

Eman.
        Devil's Advocate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eman View Post
          sirmeili ,
          Can you add the option of entering known client (WiFi Devices) names so when saved can be shown as present or missing from the network because that would have been as the main objectives. (Presence Detection)
          Right now what we have Client Count. And the Devices only applies to Ubiquiti devices.

Eman.
          If you go to Plugins -> MeiUnifi -> Client Tracking you can select which devices you want to track and it will tell you when their AP changes and when they are offline. I think this is what you are asking for.
          Thanks,
          Frank

Comment

• Somewhat related, how are you assigning the AP status values ? we’ll be able to assume that value will never change (ie a new AP is added) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by vasrc View Post
              Somewhat related, how are you assigning the AP status values ? we’ll be able to assume that value will never change (ie a new AP is added) ?
              You mean for the Client tracking devices? I add the APs as statuses based on what is in the system. I need to write something to check periodically and update all those devices if a new AP or switch is added.
              Thanks,
              Frank

Comment

You mean for the Client tracking devices? I add the APs as statuses based on what is in the system. I need to write something to check periodically and update all those devices if a new AP or switch is added.
                Correct, the AP's associated with them. If someone makes an Event with Client device on AP 2, but adding a new AP shifts the AP lists down/up that's going to be an issue. Hopefully (I haven't looked) Unifi assigns some sort of numeric to the AP so you can slot it into the correct place. I'm guessing you're doing something like Count()+1 for new AP's?

Z

Comment

• Originally posted by vasrc View Post

Correct, the AP's associated with them. If someone makes an Event with Client device on AP 2, but adding a new AP shifts the AP lists down/up that's going to be an issue. Hopefully (I haven't looked) Unifi assigns some sort of numeric to the AP so you can slot it into the correct place. I'm guessing you're doing something like Count()+1 for new AP's?

Z
                  I assign a unique value to each AP/switch. So as new ones are added, they will get new values (like I said, updating client tracking devices isn't added quite yet). You can see in the devices that the values start with 0 and go up incrementally by 1.

I had added switches for devices that are hard wired.
                  Thanks,
                  Frank

Comment

If you go to Plugins -> MeiUnifi -> Client Tracking you can select which devices you want to track and it will tell you when their AP changes and when they are offline. I think this is what you are asking for.
                    No, it's the ability to track a client as an object in that if it goes of line ( missing from an AP ===> could be a room) and even better Away ( missing from the Network) because what we have now is the clients are just counted.

Eman.
                    Devil's Advocate.

Comment

No, it's the ability to track a client as an object in that if it goes of line ( missing from an AP ===> could be a room) and even better Away ( missing from the Network) because what we have now is the clients are just counted.

Eman.
                      Did you turn on Client tracking for a client? I get Client devices that show what AP they are connected to and if they go offline.

EDIT:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	clients.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1299557
                      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Eman.
                        Yes...go to that screen. Find the device and check the box. It will create a home seer device with status values. One for Away, one for Online (unknown AP) and then one status for each AP and switch in your setup. You can then create events based on those devices changing.
                        Thanks,
                        Frank

Comment

• Excellent! That's what am looking for but can't see. I will look again later and notify you guys. I must have set something wrong in the controller.

Eman.
                          Devil's Advocate.

Comment

• This looks amazing! Can't wait for it to be available in the updater, I'm definitely on board with paying for this functionality!
                            HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

• Originally posted by thymer View Post
                              This looks amazing! Can't wait for it to be available in the updater, I'm definitely on board with paying for this functionality!
                              Interesting.......and what would that price be?...... $100? $1,000?

Just messing around. It won't be that much.
                              Thanks,
                              Frank

Comment

• Sweeeeeeet!!!!!!! Nice one guys! I got it going. Now bring on the extreme control (WoL)

Eman.
                                Devil's Advocate.

Comment

Working...
                                X