Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change to EvoHome Plugin

Paul
    Any chance you could have a look at a change to the EvoHome Events?

Would it be possible to add the ability to specify an end time instead of a duration in the EvoHome Actions? I currently have an event that monitors a room temperature and if it falls below a temperature, fireup the EvoHome event and set the temperature. Problem is, that as I dont know when it triggered, I can't set a fixed duration. Currently I need a second event to set the temperature back down and resume schedule.

Cheers
    Scott

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    Paul
    Any chance you could have a look at a change to the EvoHome Events?

Would it be possible to add the ability to specify an end time instead of a duration in the EvoHome Actions? I currently have an event that monitors a room temperature and if it falls below a temperature, fireup the EvoHome event and set the temperature. Problem is, that as I dont know when it triggered, I can't set a fixed duration. Currently I need a second event to set the temperature back down and resume schedule.

Cheers
    Scott
    On first thoughts I'm not sure that would work because the setpoint change command either needs to be permanent or have an end date and time, not just an end time.

I went with the duration approach as it was the only way I could see to have an action dynamically set the end date / time.

WRT your event(s)
    Not sure if you're still using the Evohome controller to schedule any changes or doing it all with the plug-in.
    I still have schedules set on the controller so what I do is have an HS event that sets the system device to Auto at a given time every day which effectively clears anything that has been overridden.

If I override a zone via the plug-in I set it as permanent and the above event cleans up.

Paul..

Comment

Hi Paul
      I did think that might be the case. It's not a big deal.
      All Summer I have a custom schedule of 5 degrees permanently. At this time of year I only need to heat a room occasionally if it is a bit cold, like today, rather than have it all back on a full schedule - I'll put the system back into auto mode nearer the end of October - probably after the clocks change. I'm happy to have a seconf OFF event, so don't worry about it.

Cheers
      Scott

Comment

Working...
      X