Underfloor Heating Zones - managed with a Single Zone Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underfloor Heating Zones - managed with a Single Zone Thermostat

This plug in seems to be working flawlessly on the zones managed by a HR80 or HR92 radiator controllers.

In several of my zones, I've now moved over to underfloor heating, each controlled with a single zone controller (T87RF2033). In another room where we sit some distance from the radiator I've installed another of these room controllers near to where we sit, so that our temperature is how we want it, rather that the temperature over by the radiator being what we want.

These rooms all connect in to the EvoHome controller just like the HR92s, but don't appear in the plug-in. Is there some way we can add in these zones?

Actually, the plug-in might be part way there in identifying the Single Zone Controllers (SZC)

After increasing the logging level, the HS log now shows regular entries of these three:
    PHEvoHome (UpdateZoneDevice) Ignoring device update for Zone Id: 831817 because zone not added to HS3.
    PHEvoHome (UpdateZoneDevice) Ignoring device update for Zone Id: 831819 because zone not added to HS3.
    PHEvoHome (UpdateZoneDevice) Ignoring device update for Zone Id: 831826 because zone not added to HS3.

There are three zones controlled by SZC, I'd guess that the plug-in is receiving updates for these three, but can't process them because they weren't accepted when the zones were initially discovered. Could they be manually added?

Comment

Did a bit more digging, and from the PHEvoHome discovery log, it seems that the only difference between the usual radiators, managed by a HR80 or HR92, and the underfloor heating zones managed by the Single Zone Controller, is in the zoneType.

A couple of examples show the difference, in my discoverylog I have some like this:

"name": "Paul's Room",
      "zoneType": "RadiatorZone"

And my underfloor zones are like this:

"name": "Hall",
      "zoneType": "UnderfloorHeating"

Device updates coming from Honeywell for the UnderfloorHeating zones are rejected because there is no HS device set up for them, so it looks like all this would need is a small change to the discovery software and the plug-in would probably then cope with UFH.

Comment

Working...
      X