No announcement yet.

Free HS4 plugin upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who bought it recently, can simply remain HS3 users for a year or more and wait till HS4 bugs are sorted while they focus on HS3. Public Beta release might not even make it this year, RC will be early next year, who knows how many of those are needed once bug reports come flowing in. Then finally Gold/GA maybe towards end of Q1 2020, which will not magically mean that all bugs are solved.

Many users, myself included already bought HS4 upgrade when it went on pre-order sale, but I'm holding off installing it as primary home system until somewhere in the summer and maybe play with it on a spare system.

Once you get spoiled by Home Automation that runs stable enough that you forget it's there becomes a rude awakening when faced with failures that turn your smart home into a broken dumb one.

Having said all that I'm sure most plugin developers will be reasonable and compassionate amidst the mess on those who bought HS3 plugin for their HS4-free-after-release purchase if they bought their HS license recently as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
      I realize all devs can charge whatever they want; however another dev that I have bought plugins from is doing....what I think, makes perfect sense. No buy 1 get 1 free for ANYONE.

"Existing users who bought a license before November 1st will be able to upgrade to the HS4 version at an upgrade price The price is not yet set and will become available once HS4 is stable and available for everyone."
      Takes a special kind of person to leave out the entire point of something, and just quote a single condition, to try and make a misleading point...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Free HS4 For New Purchases.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1338862

Comment

Tillsy, apparently YOU are the special person. I would like to put a bright red line around your post; nowhere does it say new users will get HS3 and HS4 plugin for the price of 1. Learn how to read buddy. This is EXACTLY what I have asked for from SPUD. Sorry but you are confused, and confusing. HS4 Alpha / Beta comes out in November, and that is when your HS3 plugin purchase gets you HS4 version; which totally makes sense.

Comment

🙄

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
            Tillsy, apparently YOU are the special person. I would like to put a bright red line around your post; nowhere does it say new users will get HS3 and HS4 plugin for the price of 1. Learn how to read buddy. This is EXACTLY what I have asked for from SPUD. Sorry but you are confused, and confusing. HS4 Alpha / Beta comes out in November, and that is when your HS3 plugin purchase gets you HS4 version; which totally makes sense.
            Even though SPUD, and other developers, said this:
            Originally posted by spud View Post
            Starting from today (November 1st, 2019), if you buy one of my plugin you will get 2 licenses code: one for HS3 and one for HS4.
            And when purchasing a few days later I received HS3 codes to use right now, and have HS4 ones ready to go when they are released:
            ============ Forwarded message ============
            To: ***************
            Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 08:45:18 +1030
            Subject: Here Are Your Software License Codes
            ============ Forwarded message ============
            Thank you for your purchase (order #**************).

Here are your HomeSeer software license codes:

Product: HS3 Spud EasyTrigger
            LicenseID: ***************
            Password: ***************

Product: EasyTrigger (HS4)

Product: Spud EnvisaLink DSC

Product: Spud EnvisaLink DSC Software Plugin for HS3 (HS4)

Product: EnvisaLink (HS4)

Getting Started
            • If you purchased HS3 (full or trial versions), Z-Flash or Z-Seer+, you can download these programs from our website: https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/ HS3 QuickStart guides can also be downloaded from these links: [ HS3 ] [ HS3-Pi ]

HS3 Trial Users: Note that trials are limited to 1 per person. If your trial has expired or if you need assistance, please contact HomeSeer directly.
            • If you purchased software plug-ins, they can be installed from within the HS3 Application (Select the “Manage” option from the PLUG-INS menu).
            • Register your MyHS Remote account at https://myhs.homeseer.com/login
            • Please Note: HS4 license codes are included with this purchase. We will email you again when an HS4 download is available.
            If you run into any issues or need help getting started, please contact HomeSeer directly.

Enjoy your new HomeSeer Software!

-Team HomeSeer

Not sure why you're insisting this isn't the case - I've happily been using my HS3 codes for nearly a month now, and have the HS4 ones ready to go when those come out.

Comment

Just stop?

Comment

Working...
              X