Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update frequency P1 Plug in

stefxx

Yesterday my smart meter was installed, so I'm a new user of this PI.

I was wondering if there is any reason why the device update frequency is at least 1 minute as the meter itself is updating the values every 10 seconds? I would like a "real time" display of my energy usage. Should it be possible to also add 10 seconds as update frequency?

I know the Toon is also showing in real time so it should not cause a high CPU utilization.

Reading the release notes showed that the 10s interval was available in the past but changed in version 3.0.0.9, see below

Version 3.0.0.9, 29-12-2016
    - Moved COM port selection to plugin config (workaround bugzilla #2224)
    - Less frequent device updates (from every 10 second to a configurable 1-60 minutes)
    - Update devices/energy only after HS3 has been fully initialized (avoids startup errors in log as well)

---
    John

It was causing performance issues, and problems with HStouch (too many updates) for many users.

However, I believe it still can be configured for less than 60 seconds, just not through the config page. Just open the P1.ini and put in something like this:

[General]
    DeviceUpdateFrequency=10
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      It was causing performance issues, and problems with HStouch (too many updates) for many users.

However, I believe it still can be configured for less than 60 seconds, just not through the config page. Just open the P1.ini and put in something like this:

[General]
      DeviceUpdateFrequency=10
      Hi Stef,

The PI is not respecting the update frequency tof 10 seconds when I change this in the ini file. To be sure I als changed the BAK file.

I don't think that a more frequent update will cause problems in HSTouch, as I have other devices also updating frequently.

Is it possible to extend the selection box for the update frequeny with for example 10, 20 and 40 seconds. With these values other people can also set the value appropriate for their
      system.

---
      John

Comment

Maybe not a problem for you, but for a lot of others it is really a problem

Give me a few days to see what I can do.
        stefxx

Comment

Maybe not a problem for you, but for a lot of others it is really a problem

Give me a few days to see what I can do.
          Hi Steff,

If you keep it configurable as it is now and add some additional intervals everyone can use the interval that suits.

Thanks in advance,

John

Comment

I just changed the value in the ini file to 5 (seconds), and it started updating every 10 seconds (the maximum rate of my smart meter).

Did you stop the plugin before making the change?

Otherwise, please post your ini so I can spot the issue.
            stefxx

Comment

I just changed the value in the ini file to 5 (seconds), and it started updating every 10 seconds (the maximum rate of my smart meter).

Did you stop the plugin before making the change?

Otherwise, please post your ini so I can spot the issue.
              I also found the issue.

I used a laporop for testing puposes and HS was installed in the Program Files folder instead of the Program Files (x86). This was causing the isue as when I testef it when the HS software was installed in the X86 folder it worked correctly.

As my production environment is installed in a X86 folder this is not an issue.

Thanks for your siupport.

---
              John

Comment

Working...
              X