Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neato plugin with Zone support!

Hi!

I am looking for a few testers for a new version of the plugin that supports the new Zone support on the D7! But also non-D7 users are encouraged to test, to avoid any unintended side-effects from this major change. If you decide to test, there are a few things I am especially interested in:

1) Does Zone support work correct for you?
    2) Is there anyone with multiple persistent maps, preferably with multiple zones (requires also multiple docking stations). Does this work correct?
    3) Are there any negative side effects on other models?
    4) Does it work correct on Linux?

Note that the persistent map and zone setup should be done on the official Neato app. The plugin can only use pre-defined zones. You can have multiple persistent maps, with or without no-go lines. On those maps, you can define zones. A map with no-go lines is considered a zone within the plugin. All zones will be retrieved at startup of the plugin, every hour and when you select "Refresh" from the new Zone device. Selecting Map on the Action device will start a cleaning session on the selected Zone. For devices that do support a (single) persistent map without zones, the Map function should work just as before (and will start a cleaning session with no-go lines, if available).

Installation: make sure you have the latest version installed (currently 3.0.0.9) on your system. Stop the plugin, and unzip the file below. Copy (overwrite) "HSPI_Neato.exe" to your HS3 directory (normally c:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3) and copy "zones.png" to the html\images\Neato directory (normally c:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\Neato). Then start the plugin again.

Any feedback is appreciated. Please include at least the model you are using, and preferably also your firmware version.

If something goes wrong, you can easily revert to the previous stable version by reinstalling the stable version from the Plug-Ins page in HS3.

Thank you!

Edit: Found an issue with persistent map/no-go lines. It basically doesn't work (starts, than pauses, then nothing). Also, I found that the Neato detects the correct persistent map automatically (so a selection is unnecessary and probably doesn't even work). So I decided to change my approach a little:
    - Created a new "Zone" button on the action device to start a Zone cleaning. It will clean the zone selected in the "Zone" device
    - The "Map" button is back to it's old function; starts a Map cleaning session (with or without no-go lines)
    - Removed the "Persistent map/No-Go line" zones from the Zone device. The zone device now only holds real zones
    - Moved the "Refresh..." option from the dropdown list to a seperate button

Beta 2 is attached.
    Attached Files
    stefxx

I was debating returning my Neato D7 and picking up a Roborock S50 instead (as I am familiar with the 1st gen Xiaomi vacuum), but this update is exactly what I was waiting for to keep the D7. Will start testing!

Comment

I’ve been testing the new Zone Support plugin with great success. I have the D7 connected. I was able to create Events that use the Zone cleaning enhancement and incorporate them via routines through Alexa. In short I’m able to ask Alexa to “vacuum the living room” or “clean the kitchen.”

Comment

Great, thanks for the feedback! Perhaps for others who are looking into similar functionality, can you share some details on how you have set this up? Thanks!!
        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
          I’ve been testing the new Zone Support plugin with great success. I have the D7 connected. I was able to create Events that use the Zone cleaning enhancement and incorporate them via routines through Alexa. In short I’m able to ask Alexa to “vacuum the living room” or “clean the kitchen.”
          Are you actually able to say to Alexa “vacuum the living room” or “clean the kitchen.” Or do you have to say "Turn on vacuum the living room" or Turn on clean living room"?

I need to say "turn on" to make anything work.

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
            Great, thanks for the feedback! Perhaps for others who are looking into similar functionality, can you share some details on how you have set this up? Thanks!!
            Hello, Thank you for adding zones. I also have a D7. I have found zones to work as expected. Noting, using Alexa, if you have the Neato Skill enabled it seems to override your Homeseer Plug-in completely. I am an early adopter of the Neato. I have a previous version charger. I assume the D7 will recognize the charger, if so, I will test "2) Is there anyone with multiple persistent maps, preferably with multiple zones (requires also multiple docking stations). Does this work correct?" to attempt confirmation and post results.

Comment

Originally posted by Index View Post

Are you actually able to say to Alexa “vacuum the living room” or “clean the kitchen.” Or do you have to say "Turn on vacuum the living room" or Turn on clean living room"?

I need to say "turn on" to make anything work.
              Not specific to Neeto. However, you can create routines that trigger based on what you want to say. I have an Alexa routine that when I say "Alexa, I'm cold." She turns on my z-wave controlled space heater and then my Google mini says "you should be getting warmer the heater is on"
              HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
              Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
              Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Index View Post
                I assume the D7 will recognize the charger, if so, I will test "2) Is there anyone with multiple persistent maps, preferably with multiple zones (requires also multiple docking stations). Does this work correct?" to attempt confirmation and post results.
                That would be great. Thanks!
                stefxx

Comment

I have noticed something odd. When using zone cleaning from the plugin and the Neato "recharges to clean" midway through a zone clean, when the Neato starts back up, it remains in "checking my surroundings" indefinitely. That error does not seem to occur when launching directly from the app.

Comment

Strange indeed. Are you using beta 1 or 2?

I can image the plugin doing something wrong to behave like this at the start, but why only after a recharge? Let me think about this...
                    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                      Strange indeed. Are you using beta 1 or 2?
                      Beta 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am unable to reproduce this issue... is anyone else having this issue (stuck in "Checking my surrounds" after a re-charge)?

rotunnoe, is this 100% reproducible with your Neato? Always with the plugin, never with the app?
                        stefxx

Comment

To clarify here is what I did. After creating zones to represent the different areas of my house, I created one large zone that encompassed my entire house. I named that zone "Whole House". It was when I would use the "Whole House" zone, the Neato would return to base to charge for the rest of the cleaning cycle. After it would charge it would turn on and remain in the "checking my surroundings" until the battery dies. It won't even stop to return to base before exhausting the battery. As a work around I changed the event to set the Neato action to "Map" rather then "Zone." Since I want to clean my entire home, setting the action to Map will load the house map with no-go lines. It worked on Saturday but did it all on one charge. On Monday I'll set the Neato Mode to Turbo which should require a charge mid clean. I'll update tomorrow with the findings.

Comment

Ok, let me know how that works for you. I had issues before when trying to handle the map as a zone (a map also has a zone-id but when you start the Neato with that ID it doesn't work and behaves a bit lite rotunnoe describes). Perhaps defining a zone the same size as the whole map has the same issue (I consider it a bug in the Neato firmware).
                            stefxx

Comment

rotunnoe, any update? I would like to release this version as a regular version, as I had several requests for Zone support. Unless there is something very obviously wrong off course...
                              stefxx

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
                              X