X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguar / Land Rover InControl

DESCRIPTION

This plug-in is designed to work with Jaguar / Land Rover vehicles. Unfortunately, I only own one (a Jaguar I-Pace) so I am unable to test every single JLR model and configuration. If something does not work for your vehicle, please let me know and I’ll do my best to fix it.

REQUIREMENTS
    • This plug-in is for HS3 or HS3PRO. It works with both Windows and Linux versions
    • Windows: .NET Framework 4.5 or later
    • Linux: mono 4.x or later
    • A JLR vehicle with an active InControl subscription
    INSTALLATION

There are no additional software requirements. The plug-in can be installed from the HS3 updater, and can be found under the section “Robotics”.

CONFIGURATION

After installation and starting the plug-in, go to the configuration page. They are three tabs:
    • Setup: For a first setup, enter your JLR InControl credentials. Note that as soon as your credentials are entered, the plug-in will attempt to connect to the JLR API. You can also set the number of trips to retrieve here. Default 50, tested up to 1000.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_setup_1.png Views:	1 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	1285389
    • Vehicles: After successful setup (and a refresh of the webpage), your vehicle(s) will be listed here. To allow functions like lock, unlock etc you can enter your vehicle PIN here.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_setup_2.png Views:	1 Size:	121.1 KB ID:	1285390
    • Settings: Usually best to leave everything default. When you run into issues, please enable “Debug logging” and “Log to file”. Note that debug logging will contain a lot of personal information including your login credentials.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_setup_3.png Views:	2 Size:	187.1 KB ID:	1293182

TROUBLESHOOTING

If anything doesn’t work, you can try one the following:
    • Enable debug logging
    • Check the event log for error messages. If “Log to File” is enabled, check the file <HomeSeer HS3>\Logs\HSPI_JLR.log
    • If that doesn't solve the issue, go to Settings and select “Refresh all JLR devices” (available in version 3.0.0.2 and above). That will re-create all JLR devices, but keeps the original device reference ID's.
    • Alternatively to "Refresh all JLR devices", go to Settings and select “Remove all JLR devices”. Then restart the plug-in. This will re-create all required HomeSeer devices. New reference ID's will be assigned, so this might impact events, scripts, HStouch or other places were the devices are referenced by their reference ID.
    • If all fails, remove all JLR devices (see above), stop the plug-in, and remove “Config/JLR.ini”. Then start the plug-in and start the configuration over.
    • If the issue persists, go to the support forum (this forum) and request help.

NOTES
    • This plug-in uses a non-public API from Jaguar / Land Rover and JLR could change their API at any time, crippling this plug-in. In the unlikely event that this happens I will do my best to update this plug-in in a reasonable time frame. However, as the API is non-public, no guarantees can be given and worst case the plug-in might stop functioning and I will never be able to get it to work again.
    • The plug-in has been tested with a Jaguar I-Pace SE MY2019 with various options.
    • The plug-in also supports other recent Jaguar and Land Rover models with InControl, but as I do not own these vehicles, please let me know if something doesn't work as expected.
    • Not all features are supported on all vehicles. When possible, only supported features will show as options in the plug-in devices.
    stefxx

Screenshots

Some screenshots of the JLR plug-in. Note that not all devices and/or options are available on all vehicles.

First the main car attributes like make, model, model year, body etc. You can change the nickname and registration info here as well:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_attrib.png Views:	1 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	1285393

Next the status devices, that holds the current status, alerts, errors and actions. You can also lock and unlock your vehicle, honk & flash, reset (turn off) the alarm, set a wakeup timer, enable/disable journeys (trips) and enable/disable transport or service mode:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_status.png Views:	1 Size:	462.4 KB ID:	1285398

Below are the devices for a Full Electric vehicle (currently I-Pace only). Charging options, battery status, and preconditioning:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_electric.png Views:	1 Size:	217.0 KB ID:	1285396

Some devices that holds the current position of the car. Depending on the model, it might only support the last parked location:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_position.png Views:	1 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	1285394

You can add, edit and delete the timers with the Departure Timer devices below. Make sure to Save when you have created a new timer, or edited an existing one. This part of the API is really unstable and might take several “Saves” to save. The Status device should give you some feedback on the (un)successful save attempt:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_dept_timers.png Views:	1 Size:	132.2 KB ID:	1285395

And finally, the Trip devices. Depending on the configuration, it can hold your last 1000 trips (or more, but I was unable to test). Eco, consumption and regeneration devices are only created for full electric vehicles (currently I-Pace only):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JLR_trips.png Views:	1 Size:	323.2 KB ID:	1285397
    stefxx

Comment

Release notes

Release 3.0.0.3, 02-04-2019
      - Fixed Units format when set from JLR website
      - Ignore invalid tyre pressure
      - Fixed device images
      - Fixed unknown SOCR status
      - Fixed Parent/Child device relationship

Release 3.0.0.2, 18-03-2019
      - Fixed Charging Rate
      - Fixed unknown SOC
      - Fixed some stuck car status devices
      - Improved departure timer date selection
      - Improved "Not charging" detection
      - Added lots of new/unknown status fields
      - Added "Refresh all JLR devices" and "Remove all JLR devices" as additional troubleshooting options

Release 3.0.0.1, 26-02-2019
      - Fix for API change

Release 3.0.0.0, 16-02-2019
      - Initial version
      stefxx

Comment

Working...
      X