stefxx P1 Smart Meter for LAN connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stefxx P1 Smart Meter for LAN connection

I've got a new smart meter (Landis Gyr E360) and made my own P1 to ethernet module with a couple of components and an USR TCP232-T2 board.
    This works great to Domoticz because they have a build in P1 over LAN "driver".
    Domoticz P1 LAN device

I added the stefxx P1 Smart Meter plugin to my HomeSeer server but it can only connect to serial ports.
    Is it possible to connect this plugin also to my ethernet version like Domoticz does?

My meter is near the entry while my servers are on the second floor (attic) and that's why I have all kind of serial devices converted to ethernet with USR TCP232-T2 boards.

Hi,

Sorry, no the plugin does not support anything else but serial ports. I have no intention of adding ethernet functionality.

My Plugwise plugin support the Plugwise P1 device which is working through ethernet. Probably not what you were looking for.

Regards, Stefan.
    stefxx

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

To bad, I know a lot of users who have done the same like I did.
      In general, a lot of users have servers somewhere else in there homes and error free serial cable length is limited.

I'm not using Plugwise so that's not the way to go here.
      There P1 module cost 99 euro while mine is 15 euro in total.

Regards,
      Vasco

Comment

Originally posted by vasco View Post
        Thanks for the answer.

To bad, I know a lot of users who have done the same like I did.
        In general, a lot of users have servers somewhere else in there homes and error free serial cable length is limited.

I'm not using Plugwise so that's not the way to go here.
        There P1 module cost 99 euro while mine is 15 euro in total.

Regards,
        Vasco
        Is serial over IP not an option. Or a Rpi?

---
        John

Comment

Originally posted by vasco View Post
          I've got a new smart meter (Landis Gyr E360) and made my own P1 to ethernet module with a couple of components and an USR TCP232-T2 board.
          This works great to Domoticz because they have a build in P1 over LAN "driver".
          Domoticz P1 LAN device

I added the stefxx P1 Smart Meter plugin to my HomeSeer server but it can only connect to serial ports.
          Is it possible to connect this plugin also to my ethernet version like Domoticz does?

My meter is near the entry while my servers are on the second floor (attic) and that's why I have all kind of serial devices converted to ethernet with USR TCP232-T2 boards.
          Note that the USR TCP232 produces a lot of RF noise at 433MHz and will disturb RF devices at this frequency.

An option would be to use an RFXtrx433XL with P1 option which can be used by the RFXCOM plugin. If you need a LAN connection, connect the RFXtrx to a Raspberry PI with ser2net.

Comment

I know about the 433MHz disturb but do not use any 433MHz at home so no problems here

I just wanna use real network connections and nothing like Pi's in the middle that can failure and take all kind of interfaces offline that work now fine over ethernet and when one fail the others continue to work. It's all about redundancy, so my domotica servers are on XCP-NG cluster servers connected to ISCSI LUN in RAID5.

So I'm going to try to build my own plugin for homeseer (never build software so this will be very new to me) and until then use the Domoticz for registration and graphs.

But everybody thanks for the thoughts and replies.

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
            X