Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 of 8 relay board

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4 of 8 relay board

    I'm making a mosquito spray system and want to control it with HS. I believe the best way to control 12v valves and pumps would be with a relay board. Does anyone have a suggestion on a relay 4 or 8 relay board that either has a plug-in or can be controlled by script?

  • #2
    I was looking at this board any input?

    https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-2-C...ay+board+rs232

    Comment


    • #3
      The serial relay board would certainly work, but it is going to require script writing and lots of coding to control it and poll its status.


      I use the ADIO-100.
      VERY reliable.
      (not extremely fast, but we are talking valves right...)

      It has 8 outputs. (voltage outs-suited for controlling "stuff")
      I use the outputs to trigger the input channels on a (8-ch ARDUINO Relay Board)
      (there is also 8-input channels on the ADIO-100, perfectly suited for valve feedback if desired)

      12volt relay board is best, and power the relay board from the unregulated terminal of the ADIO-100.

      (actually mine is much more complex and uses 10 ADIO-100's)

      But that's all you need.

      What type of valves you using> The cheap motorized 12vdc valves on ebay or aliexpress are superbly compatible. But there are two types of valves:
      1. reverse polarity to open/close
      2. voltage present opens, closes when voltage is removed.
      (uses internal ultracap to power during closure)

      You would find option 2 easier and cheaper to implement.
      (option 1 requires DPDT relay board, and lots more electrical knowledge)

      FYI:: read my post concerning ADIO-100' s before you implement programming for it, otherwise you may be faced with unpredictable operation during rebooting pc.

      Comment


      • #4
        And a relay board on top of an Arduino?

        https://www.geras-it.de/elektronisch...arduino/a-520/

        With the Arduino plugin the coding is not that hard.

        https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1222

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stinggray View Post
          I'm making a mosquito spray system and want to control it with HS. I believe the best way to control 12v valves and pumps would be with a relay board. Does anyone have a suggestion on a relay 4 or 8 relay board that either has a plug-in or can be controlled by script?
          I am in a need to do something similar. What did you finally do? Thanks. Elliott

          Comment


          • #6
            I would use a Sonoff 4 CH Pro with Tasmota installed and mcsMQTT as the HS plugin. No software development needed, controlled by WifI (or RF Remote). $30 from Amazon or $20 from Banggood/China. Make certain the PRO version is used as the non-pro switches mains voltages.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wouldn't dry contact z-wave units work as well? I know it is more money for the units but if you are set for z-wave it is straightforward. J offering another option.

              Personally I would probably program an Arduino board with the 8 channel version of this relay to be standalone but work with MQTT.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ksum View Post
                Wouldn't dry contact z-wave units work as well? I know it is more money for the units but if you are set for z-wave it is straightforward. J offering another option.

                Personally I would probably program an Arduino board with the 8 channel version of this relay to be standalone but work with MQTT.
                @Michael and @Ksum: Thanks for these suggestions. I have found the FortrezZ MIMO2, which I think could work, too. Elliott

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Richel View Post

                  @Michael and @Ksum: Thanks for these suggestions. I have found the FortrezZ MIMO2, which I think could work, too. Elliott
                  The MIMO2 does not work correctly with HS3. Hopefully it will work correctly with HS4.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've deployed dozen's of Mimo2+ on HS systems, and they work every day. They work good in latching or adjustable momentary closure. They would give you two SPDT dry contact.

                    Another choice would be Global Cache IP2CC, That gives you three SPST, relays. It's not Zwave, but can be controlled by HS
                    Blair

                    HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
                    Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
                    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                    BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BlairG View Post
                      I've deployed dozen's of Mimo2+ on HS systems, and they work every day. They work good in latching or adjustable momentary closure. They would give you two SPDT dry contact.

                      Another choice would be Global Cache IP2CC, That gives you three SPST, relays. It's not Zwave, but can be controlled by HS
                      Thanks! I have been thinking about using Global Cache IP2CC, since I have deployed a couple and have a spare (WF2CC). I just have to figure out the wiring, since I am a bit challenged in electrical circuits. Elliott

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by stinggray View Post
                        I'm making a mosquito spray system and want to control it with HS. I believe the best way to control 12v valves and pumps would be with a relay board. Does anyone have a suggestion on a relay 4 or 8 relay board that either has a plug-in or can be controlled by script?
                        Might be overkill for your application, but I just posted a 16 zone irrigation controller in the Used HA Items forum:

                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...ion-controller

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MikeMcM1956 View Post

                          Might be overkill for your application, but I just posted a 16 zone irrigation controller in the Used HA Items forum:

                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...ion-controller
                          Thanks, but as you wrote, a bit overkill for my needs.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X