Issues with Fibaro FGBS-222-US Smart Implant adding child devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Fibaro FGBS-222-US Smart Implant adding child devices

I'm attempting to get two Fibaro FGBS-222-US Smart implants to add child device "Temperature" to support external DS18B20 temperature probes. I'm using the latest Fibaro firmware version 5.1. I have triple checked and all wiring is correct. I've tried including, excluding, resetting to factory defaults and re-scanning many times but to no avail. The closest I have ever come, after numerous re-scans, is adding the child device "Temperature" on one of the Implants but that turned out to be the Internal temperature sensor. Fibaro Tech support number is a no answer busy tone. These devices would be perfect to monitor freezer and refrigerator temperatures with the external probes. Has anyone had any success using the FGBS-222-US Smart Implants?

I’m having the same exact problem also. I have 3 temperature sensors connected and Homeseer doesn’t see any of them.

Comment

Wondering if anyone has had any success with this device yet? I attach a screenshot of the child devices Homeseer creates when I add the Smart Implant in the hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction.
      Regards,
      Aljrob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1327056

Comment

Hi guys..
        Numerous adding/removing do not create Temperature device on the list as shown above.
        IN1/ IN2 and OUT1/OUT2 work good in mode Par 20/21 = 0/1/2/3. Did not tested in 4 & 5 values (don't need for now).
        Have any one get luck with FGBS-222 to read temperature from external DS18B20?
        Any advise welcome. Thank you

Comment

I have a lot of ideas buzzing in my head of things in my home I could add a Fibaro Smart Implant to... but can't and won't until one of these threads gets confirmation from HomeSeer that device support will be fixed/improved.

Comment

Been communicating with HomeSeer Support on why some of my AeonLabs/Aeotec devices do not show up fully with all options exposed on a dimmer that is 7-years old with full detailed documentation available from Aeotec/AeonLabs on what each parameter does.

Reply was pretty much that they require physical access to any device that they fully whitelist and add proper support for. Now from a consumer point of views this sucks, especially with the large volume of devices added to the market, but from a developer point of view I totally understand in wanting to provide the most stable solution.

Offered to ship a large collection of my AeonLabs devices over, but their main focus right now is on HS4 which I cannot argue against either, so plan to ship them later.

Until they gain physical access to a Fibaro FGBS-222 device, HomeSeer offers full access to all Z-Wave parameters via the "Set Configuration Parameters" section, and you just select the corresponding Z-Wave parameter from drop-down box, and enter no value to 'read' existing value. Fibaro has excellent support manuals to explain what each parameter does.

https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/m...-EN-T-v1.0.pdf

Some devices get set incorrect from factory due to random testing, or in worst case when you get stuck with a returned item that was resold. Or it could be that the factory settings are not correct for your configuration. Skimming through manual I see there are a lot of conditions that could be at play that require a lot of Z-Wave parameters to be configured correctly for the Z-Wave device to report the values correctly.

Share the results, and it should help diagnose why it is not working much easier.

Comment

Working...
            X