Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*********** UPDATE ************** 12/20/2018: This product has been discontinued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*********** UPDATE ************** 12/20/2018: This product has been discontinued.

Homeseer is dropping the ADIO-100 and I suspect the three devices in use on my system will eventually stop working. Does anyone have an idea of another direction I can start looking to control lighting from dry closures generated by my CCTV system, and trigger email notifications from non critical conditions from my security system?

If you are the DIY type, this is pretty easy to do with Arduinos.

Comment

Thank you joegr, yes I'm all about a DIY challenge. Since you have experience with Arduinos can you shorten my search by suggesting a product / part number or family group that you have worked with and feel may work for my situation?

Comment

I like the ESP8266 NodeMCU ESP-12E ones. I use the drule plug-in to communicate with them via UDP.

Comment

Has anyone tried to hack a Z-wave door/window sensor to act as a general purpose dry contact sensor?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            Has anyone tried to hack a Z-wave door/window sensor to act as a general purpose dry contact sensor?
            I have done so with Insteon door/window sensors. It's not really a hack, since the sensors have a set of screw terminals for use with a dry contact switch (just don't use the magnet part). The first Z-wave sensor that I looked at on Amazon says it has a set of terminals too.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie468 View Post
              Homeseer is dropping the ADIO-100 and I suspect the three devices in use on my system will eventually stop working. Does anyone have an idea of another direction I can start looking to control lighting from dry closures generated by my CCTV system, and trigger email notifications from non critical conditions from my security system?
              I have an ADIO-100 so I am in the same boat. Just because it has been discontinued does not mean that it will immediately stop working.

Maybe HomeSeer can open source the driver code so the community can maintain it.

Comment

Hi Uncle Michael, I tried that some time ago providing a zwave Dr/Win sensor with remote power and parallel contacts to the on-board reed switch. I found the config unreliable because the sensor (being basically a battery powered device) was always sleeping ??? That's one of the reasons I went to the ADIO-100.

Comment

drhtmal ....... I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK

Comment

Working...
                  X