Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADIO Plugin Conflicts because of ini file bug - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADIO Plugin Conflicts because of ini file bug - Fixed!

Just got this device. I'd like to use it but the plug-in conflicts with my ACRF2 plugin.

The house code the ADIO-100 wants to use is "[". (Hardcoded?) This conflicts with what ACRF2 selected almost a year or so ago when I purchased it.

Changing my config on the ACRF2 plug-in is a lot of work - about 30 devices + graphing objects I'd need to update, not to mention events.

Specifying a different house code in the M100.ini file gets over written with what the ADIO-100 plug-in wants to use.

Please modify the plug-in to READ the ini file at startup. Specifically, the "code=" and "offset=" keys under [Module x]. Where x is the module number. Maybe it is supposed to and it does a write instead of a read.

I mention this because even when the ADIO-100 plug-in finally picks devices under the house code that aren't in use, it still screws up some of the devices in ACRF2. It may be another bug - but the devices that the ADIO-100 plug-in screws up are all under [17. Meaning, I believe the plug-in is still associating with device ID's 1-16 even though the plug-in created new devices at different ID's.

Example - ACRF2 for some reason picked [4 as the first device (itself) and all sensors come after that. The ADIO-100 Plug-in made device [1, [2, [3, then jumped to [44, [45, [46...[56. The virtual device creation worked, but seems the status updates still go to devices [1 - [16.

Guess I'll make the first part a bug report. Think I can fix the second part by changing the device [4 to [1. Wonder if this will make the ADIO-100 plug-in pick a different house code, too?
    Last edited by Eddiie; July 15, 2012, 04:28 PM.

If there's a work around then I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for a quick fix. Do put in a help desk bug report so HomeSeer has a record of this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

The AFRC2 plug-in will not let me change its root device from [4 to anything else (at least from the INI file). Wanted to change it to [1.

I think the issue can be worked around if I create a few devices [1, [2, [3. That way, the devices will be sequential.

How do I do this? Add Device only shows house codes A-P (a-p).

the hs.createdevice function does not seem to accept a device/house code argument.

Also, is there a list of all valid house codes somewhere? /, ^, ', [, ], #, like those.

Can I use +, -, {, }. ~, `, ", @, !, $, %, &, *, (, or )? < >

Comment

In the ACRFProcessing.INI file, The RootHouseCode entry has the special character for the house code. When you say it wont let you change, are your editing the INI file while HS is running? If so, you'll need to shutdown HS, make the change, then restart.

I bet you will not be able to change the sequential numbering of the devices - it probably starts at 1. You should be able to change that house code, though...
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          In the ACRFProcessing.INI file, The RootHouseCode entry has the special character for the house code. When you say it wont let you change, are your editing the INI file while HS is running? If so, you'll need to shutdown HS, make the change, then restart.
          Naw, not wanting to change the house code on the ACRF2. I can, just a lot of work.

Looking to change the unit code of the 'root' device from 4 to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddiie View Post
            Naw, not wanting to change the house code on the ACRF2. I can, just a lot of work.

Looking to change the unit code of the 'root' device from 4 to 1.
            ah - gotcha. I bet the plugin just starts at 1
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Fixed in version 1.0.0.2.

I am able to set the house code in the ini file.
              Have not verified offset=

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
              X