Slow response on dry contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow response on dry contact

I'm using the ADIO-100 to monitor a Security System (via relays) and a Doorbell (via dry contact). What I can tell is that the ADIO is too slow to response to a tap on the doorbell, make it unusable. I mean, pressing the doorbell button for about 2-5 seconds will trigger the event but a little tap on the button (as like we all usualy do with a doorbell button) will be missing 5 time out of 10. Is that normal? Is there a way to make the dry contact detection quicker?

Curious if you ever found a solution to the slow response problem? Was going to try one of these out but am a little worried if it misses inputs from a pushbutton.

Comment

yes a brief signal from a doorbell would easily be missed with the adio. (My doorbell is wired into a zone on my DSC panel) because it only polls every second.

You need to lenghten the pulse, I'm sure a capacitor or 555 timer would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
        yes a brief signal from a doorbell would easily be missed with the adio. (My doorbell is wired into a zone on my DSC panel) because it only polls every second.

You need to lenghten the pulse, I'm sure a capacitor or 555 timer would do it.
        I thought only the analog inputs were polled and the digital inputs were instant? Anyway I decided to go with an Elk panel and they are very fast.

Comment

Working...
        X